Hotels outside of NYC

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
Anybody have any great tips for a hotel/ motel outside of NYC I should consider? I am going to land at JFK tomorrow at 8 in the evening (will be 02:00 for me Norwegian time, my flight leaves Norway at 18:00) and I will pick up my rental car there and head for Illinois. But I need a few hrs sleep before that 15 hr drive.

Anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

PS: will be taking this road: I-80 W

Boo shoulda PM'ed me :( Econolodge is not too terrible and are usually everywhere.

Ah.. But I need another place to Stay the next day. What would you recommend?

As I will be taking the I-80 W the next day. Any other tips for other hotels near the highways on my way to IL? Any cheaper hotel chains I should consider for my next stay?

Stick with Holiday Inn/Candlewood Suites. Never been to a bad one yet.

I disagree about Candlewood Suite.

We're at a very subjective topic right there ..

Holiday Inn Express was nice. Only little complaint would be a more healthy breakfast choice. Then I did a 15 hr drive from NJ to IL almost to the border to Iowa. The 2014 Mustang had only 1900 miles on it before I drove it. An OK ride. Am missing some lower back lumbar support and the Bluetooth does not(!) work.

Holiday Inn Express was nice. Only little complaint would be a more healthy breakfast choice. Then I did a 15 hr drive from NJ to IL almost to the border to Iowa. The 2014 Mustang had only 1900 miles on it before I drove it. An OK ride. Am missing some lower back lumbar support and the Bluetooth does not(!) work.

You in Murrica bro ;)