hotmail

hmm. maybe it has to do with when you registered? i get 25 mb, but i remember it used to be 2 mb at one point. not 100% sure on this though :dunno:

If gmail stopped working, I used scubadiving.com's e-mail service all through highschool. Hell even Best Buy didn't have it blocked. go to http://webmail.scubadiving.com and register through that site; visit it at school when you need to.

Also, about a year or so ago I shifted over to my dad's company e-mail through Outlook and left it alone, came back and had over 15 mbs of space (I had only used 2 or so mbs in the previous 4 years--deleting e-mails and shit) which I promptely deleted. Since then, they haven't dropped it back tot he 2 mb. So if you're looking for a separate e-mail account which to link through POP3, go with the above, then delete them as you rad them, at least once a week.

Hope that helps. 8)

it even says somewhere on the website that the 250mb storage refers to US. residents only... I guess thats why all the non-americans on the boards are still complaining that they are still on 2mb

gmail isnt blocked yet at my school. probz will be soon.

they blocked hotmail coz they said it takes up bandwith or something

yup... when you check your email... it takes up a whole chunk of bandwidth, therefore most places don't like it as your taking up bandwidth and not using it ;)

talkin about bandwith, i wanted to know how much my house downloadsand uploads a month. i checked my isp website and it only tells me in hours.....how gay......

it even says somewhere on the website that the 250mb storage refers to US. residents only... I guess thats why all the non-americans on the boards are still complaining that they are still on 2mb

Umm I get it and I'm in australia... and my location says australia.

thanks i really want a up grade. after a upgrade and i swtich back to hk will i get down graded?

ok... I finally bothered to search for the article and post it here follow EXACTLY what it says in the instruction, however I cannot garantee you that your messages will be safe, I did it and my messages were all there after I did it.

1. Turn off MS Messenger programs, if you have any running (MSN Messenger, Windows MEssenger, Trillian)... then sign in you Hotmail account

2. Go to 'Options' --> 'Personal' --> 'My Profile'

3. Change your country to USA, pick any state you like, and type in a zip code for anywhere within that state, I always use the zip code of the town I stayed in when I was there for a little while, (91789, Walnut, California)

4. Click on 'Update', then 'Continue'

5. While you are still logged into hotmail, open a new window in your browser and go to http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

6. Deactivate your account (don't worry, your email messages should be safe)

7. After that go back to hotmail and sign in and follow the instruction to reactivate your account

8. then you will see that you have 25mb of space, 250mb would be given to you in a couple of weeks

^techZ... thats what I said... I cannot garuntee that the mail would still be there, but from my experience, i didn't loose any of my mail