House of Cards (Netflix)

I can't wait... I will be on paternity leave, so I have a feeling I will watch the whole thing in one sitting, with just diapers changing breaks.

Season 3 is online...

I will have to wait a few days to start watching it, to busy despite being on leave.

I will be at work for the next 7 hours at least... and I'd like to watch season 1 and 2 before diving into season 3 as well. i already don't have enough time to do any of that! hrmpf :|

And the binge watching begins.

house-cards-season2_1312134_616.jpg

Just reached and finished Chapter 39. Loved it. Different to previous seasons, slower and more reflective.

They're finishing the season in Iowa? So is Season 4 just going to be the main election campaign? That's a bit concerning. It seems like they're dragging the story out longer than it needs to be.

Just reached and finished Chapter 39. Loved it. Different to previous seasons, slower and more reflective.

They're finishing the season in Iowa? So is Season 4 just going to be the main election campaign? That's a bit concerning. It seems like they're dragging the story out longer than it needs to be.

Well, for the show to follow what the UK version did, Francis would've been killed in the last episode. I can't see that happening for a while. I can see the next season being about him beating Dunbar, then a lot of focus on beating the Republican candidate before he takes in office again. Should they do all that next season then I don't know how it'll end. Just him being President will get stale after a while so it must be inevitable that a key character (Francis) dies or the story finds a natural end. Kevin Spacey did say in an interview that they don't want to show to go on forever, so I bet it won't go on for more than 4-6 seasons max. A bit like Breaking Bad I guess.

I was happy to see Freddy making an appearance again. Very curious to see if Remy will be in the show next season. What if he gets together with Jackie? I wouldn't say it's impossible to Jackie to go back to Francis again, or atleast get in a serious relationship with Remy to build a side story now that Rachel is dead (she's hot - I'd totally do her).

This season was deffo a lot slower than the first 2 tho. I still enjoyed this one too but I sortof miss seeing Francis on a hunt for something, rather than sitting on top of the cake. Maybe with Claire leaving him, that'll spark some action to S4. :)

An alternative show ending could be Claire going to Dunbar, telling secrets, then going to Court and Francis loses the campaign as a broken man.

Last edited:
I've only watched up to and including S03E03 (Chapter 29), so I already cannot click your spoilers :shakefist:

I enjoyed this season, just not as much as the first two. They made Claire's character awfully incompetent and it even started to remind me of Skyler from Breaking Bad. This annoying whiny character who really can't do anything right. Also very disappointed they just killed Rachel off like that without much of a wrap up. It seemed very ham-fisted the way they scripted her death in the last episode especially since they built it up so much. I was pleasantly surprised at the Jackie Remy dynamic and how they wove that into the battle between her and Dunbar.

Having thought about it, I'm now more convinced that season 4 will just be about Francis blowing up and failing to get re-elected, due to pressure from Dunbar, Jackie, Remy and Claire.

Doug is really his only hope of pulling through it all. It should make for more action, but I'm pretty sure they won't take this longer than 4 seasons. I want to be wrong tho.

Great! The trailer completely slipped by me... must have been the star wars hype...