• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

How did you learn about Top Gear?

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
I don't remeber exactly but the first vid I got was the 1999 BMW M5 driven by Tiff I guess it was in 2001 or so. After I found out that he was the host of Top Gear and started looking for more clips, got them at tanner.net or something like that, and after on racingflix and other sites like that.

I started downloading episodes when I found viper's website when it was in it's early stages and since then I'm happy like never before! :D

so what about you?

same here, found rflix and jabbasworld through a friend, been downloading vids and am the happiest here.

the first vid i found out was TG was while on rflix, lookin at the vids and i saw the SLK vs. the M Roadster and also the Zonda vs. Murc clips and had to have them. i was on 28k at the time, went to a friends house to use his 56k. got the two clips and tiff in the 9111 turbo and instantly liked the presentors and presentation of the cars. i was hooked immediately.

TG rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the favorite TG segment thread:

Viper007Bond said:
I don't really have a favorite, but the first ever clip of Top Gear (or Fifth Gear for that matter) that I ever saw was a small clip of JC's voice talking while this guy drove around a Ferrari and it's engine blew. He was talking about how the guy started out as a truck driver delivering stuff and then eventually became a Ferrari test driver.

I've had BBC on my TV since I was born...been watching Top Gear since the 80's )(guess I was about 9 or so) ...Top Gear has a looong history, and I like it's development.

haz

Viper007Bond said:
From the favorite TG segment thread:

Viper007Bond said:
I don't really have a favorite, but the first ever clip of Top Gear (or Fifth Gear for that matter) that I ever saw was a small clip of JC's voice talking while this guy drove around a Ferrari and it's engine blew. He was talking about how the guy started out as a truck driver delivering stuff and then eventually became a Ferrari test driver.

This was the first Top Gear clip that I saw as well, although I didn't know what Top Gear was at the time or who Clarkson was.
Later on I downloaded some more clips from Kazaa or Emule and they were named "top gear - ".
After that I started looking for them, and Google brought me here. (I found this before racing flix, and although I saw JW before, I couldn't figure out where to download :roll: , so I kept on looking).

Darn, I actually thought about starting a thread like this a few months ago and forgot to do so all along.

My Top Gear history is actually quite short, and the discovery was quite accidental.

At around this time last year, I was bored one day and decided to type in a search for "911" on Kazaa. And I downloaded what turned out to be Tiff's Top Gear review of the 996 911 Turbo. Impressed by what I found, I now searched for "Top Gear" and found more gems.

A few weeks later, while channel surfing through the satellite TV's program schedule, I found out Top Gear was next on BBC World. And it turned out to be the episode where Clarkson took the WRX STi and Evo VIII on a road test in Scotland. So that was my first taste of Top Gear on TV.

You mean the Mitsubishi "Did you spill my pint?" and the Subaru "You, outside now!" :lol: .

I only came across Top Gear about half-way through the last series. I was just flicking through the channels and found it. Started watching it, really enjoyed it, and couldn't wait until next week's! I only found out about this website about a week ago though, so I only have this series downloaded :(

simon you'll be able to get older eps, viper will be posting old eps or ones that ppl such as urself missed.

im gonna get him a copy of some old ones he dont have so that he'll have every top gear ep.

Having every epi of Top Gear of the new series would be great. :)
My Pipe Dream: I wonder if there is someone who has Top Gear episodes from the 90's on VHS somewhere. :mrgreen:

First one?-well I can't quite remember(long timne ago) but I started watching it regularly since vanquish vs ferrari episode(with that f1 driver)

Well, I was born and bred in the UK, so Top Gear was on when I was younger - never missed an episode.. then I moved to Mexico and suffered a 10 year drought of decent car shows!!!! (so that's why I lost my hair!!!),
well, went back at last to see the folks back home in 2002 and saw Top Gear and Fifth Gear on the box every Sunday and Monday night, especially the launch of the Focus RS on Top Gear, so when I got back here, I decided to look for segments of the show, and lo and behold, I found Viper's excellent site, before it was redesigned.. now I no longer get homesick, but I am getting seriously addicted to the site, checking every 15 mins. for updates and new downloads!!!!! Got to get more work done!
A big thanks goes out to Viper, VUK and everyone else involved with the site and, of course, to all other petrolheads like me!!

When i finally got cable tv in 1995, i got BBC World, and since then, Top Gear has been my favourite series.

I'm really hoping some fans of the series will come out of the woodwork with tapes of 90ies episodes, and that they will be posted here some time in the future. In my opinion, the previous version of the show was at least as good as the current one, even if the track driving is missing.

@justin syder. That news just went and made my day. In a strange way, I almost want Top Gear to end so that Viper can put the episodes up. What am I thinking?!! :shock:

Re: How did you learn about Top Gear?

Renesis said:
I don't remeber exactly but the first vid I got was the 1999 BMW M5 driven by Tiff I guess it was in 2001 or so. After I found out that he was the host of Top Gear and started looking for more clips, got them at tanner.net or something like that, and after on racingflix and other sites like that.

I started downloading episodes when I found viper's website when it was in it's early stages and since then I'm happy like never before! :D

so what about you?

Wow. Exactly the same thing happened here, Im a big BMW fanatic and i was looking for bmw videos. I just happened to come upon that review. I was lucky enough to come upon vipers website back in January. Then i also found flix vault, and i began watching the episodes. After a few eps, I was hooked.

The first time I saw TG was a clip from Tiff reviewing the Subaru WRX vs. The Evo VI. His precision driving and his character got me hooked immediately and I started downloading episodes off of Kazaa, including some very very boring clips...

I tried looking for full episodes, but I never had any luck and I only discovered this site a few months back. Thank god Viper is releasing episodes regularly now, I don't think I can live w/o my TG/FG fix now.

Re: How did you learn about Top Gear?

Militant-Grunt said:
Renesis said:

so what about you?

Wow. Exactly the same thing happened here, Im a big BMW fanatic and i was looking for bmw videos. I just happened to come upon that review. I was lucky enough to come upon vipers website back in January. Then i also found flix vault, and i began watching the episodes. After a few eps, I was hooked.

That same clip turned me on to Top Gear, found it in 2002 while looking for M5 vids on the Kazaa network, and found rf a few months later and found that there were sites dedicated to the show out there, then year later I found Viper's site in the beta stages and haven't left since.

I think I remember my first exposure to Top Gear now. It was Tiff's review of the E46 M3 back in 2001 that started my addiction to this motoring show.

i first learnt about Top Gear when i was watching BBC World, and they played one episode of the series....from that point on i was hooked!!!