How did you learn about Top Gear?

Hi all, this would be my first post, representing Belgium.
Have been reading these forums & using the torrents for a couple of months now, so I'd like to thank Viper & VUK (and everyone else involved) for their dedication.

I can receive BBC2 through cable here, but I'm not always home sunday evenings, and a digital copy to view over & over again is nicer anyways. But my first experience with Top Gear must have been some PC videoclip about 8 months ago, can't remember wich one though. Have been downloading episodes once in a while since then. (unfortunantly I had a disk crash last month, so all of it got lost :| )

I saw a piece of a show on the Focus RS and was hooked. Had to find more and that's why I'm here.

Thanks to Viper007Bond. Why don't they show Top Gear in the States!

I saw the episode about the Mercedes S class and the maybach more than a year ago and found it pretty funny... been trying to look everywhere for them since then

I saw the review of the Viper and loved it. That was the first review I saw that gave the car a fair review, as well as acceptance for what it really is - terribly beautifly horrible, and fun.

My first encounter with TG was while I was on my honeymoon in Scotland ... but you can read all about it in my 1st post

The first Top Gear episode i saw was Tiff testing the Marcos Mantis GT against the Ultima GTR...

Here's some screenshots...
Marcos_Mantis_Roadster_6.jpg

Re: How did you learn about Top Gear?

Renesis said:
I don't remeber exactly but the first vid I got was the 1999 BMW M5 driven by Tiff I guess it was in 2001 or so. After I found out that he was the host of Top Gear and started looking for more clips, got them at tanner.net or something like that, and after on racingflix and other sites like that.

I started downloading episodes when I found viper's website when it was in it's early stages and since then I'm happy like never before! :D

so what about you?

My path precisely!! Though I started with the Ferrari special where Tiff and Jeremy are in the same episode (!). :D

i dont remember exactly when, but it was on BBc Canada. i only discovered this season (thanks to bit torrent) that the show is actually an hour long. on BBc Canada they cut it to half an hour... *ugh* :roll:

I religiously watched it as a kid on Sunday nights - when really young I remember my Sunday evening's going something like Top Gear - bed time!

Have always been a fan but I have to say that Top Gear appeals to me more now than ever and if I was a kid I think I'd love it more than the TG I watched in my own childhood.

Having Sky TV I've watched foreign car TV shows (usually shown on Motors TV) and they tend to be far too much about the figures etc. which for us Brits isn't what it's about alot of the time! They're like reading 'What Car' magazine rather than informative entertainment :)

Cheers,

Andy

My first episode was the Focus RS one (With JayKay, i think the priest running the subaru, etc) The show was in BBC world and it lasted 1 hour

Then i begun to d/l from Kazaa, Imesh, etc. I joined racingflix (poor bandwidth), jabbasworld (they think they're the elite) and some guy had it in his website. Later this year, i founded this and it's my new home

Thank you Viper, and all the people who made this possible!

my first top gear clip was when jc was driving the skyline r34 around. my reaction at the time was "man...stupid fat guy having too much fun in one of my all time favorite cars..."
of course, it wasn't until my friend mentioned the carrera gt being on the show, which was my first viewing of a full episode. and now, i'm a big fan of top gear since :D

Hello :)

Hello :)

Been watching Top Gear for quite a while now, and I've always been a fan of the show. Finding episodes online was never easy - and as many of you - I ended here when looking for a good place to download.

Been a regular visitor and forum reader for a while, but I just now decided to register and contribute in any way I can.

I'm currently a 3rd year computer science student, and I do freelance web design in my spare time. I also run a Carmageddon website (hopefully someone will know what Carmageddon is).

Anyway... good to be here.

Welcome on board! Hope you enjoy it, and I DO know what carmageddon is, I played it over and over again, at least the first and the second ones ;)

Ive been Watching it on BBC for ages now, can remember how long ago now, but it keeps on gettin better :D :D

:thumbsup:

Jostyrostelli said:
Welcome on board! Hope you enjoy it, and I DO know what carmageddon is, I played it over and over again, at least the first and the second ones ;)

Carmageddon was awesome! I remember installing it on my 540mb hard-disk, the game was 250 mb so I had to delete some system files. I worked fine for a couple of weeks and then I had to get a new computer, with, hold your breath, 4GB of space! (Divided on 3hard disks ofcourse")

:lol: :lol: