How did you pop your Top Gear cherry?

My parents used to watch old Top Gear (with me as well), so I started watching quite a long time ago. Probably mid 90s.

But then I suppose they would have been watching it even before I could even vaguely understand what was going on. So in theory I have probably been watching Top Gear since I was born.

My friend showed me the M3 CSL clip from video google or something. I then got interested of the show and asked my friend to send me the full episode (3x2). After that I was hooked, and copied all seasons (1-7) from my friend. And I've been a fan ever since. :rolleyes:

It was pure co-incidence. I stumbled on Jeremy destroying some cars in a YouTube video and soon found out about Top Gear.

I just got my internets and was searching for Lamborghini videos in Kazaa or eMule and that search always returned a bunch of videos with "Top Gear" in the title, so I downloaded one to see what was it about, and it was the one where Valentino Balboni scares the shit out of Jeremy Clarkson. I liked it and started downloading all I could find with "Top Gear" and eventually found out that it was a show from England , etc.
The funny thing is that it took a while to find out that that first Lamborghini clip was from a Clarkson video, not a Top gear video per se. :lol:

A youtube clip of them testing the Holden Monaro. That was November 2005. Since then, I was hooked.

My first memory of TG consisted of watching the show on BBC world. This was the 2002 season with Jason showing the Skyline bargains mind you. I even remember thinking "Looks like a nice show. Shame about the British accent though. I don't understand anything." I mostly forgot about it afterwards.

Anyhow, about the cherry popping. This was back early in 2004 when KaZaa was the downloading client of choice. One day I was bored and looked for automotive vids. I stumbled upon a video featuring Tiff and JC racing BMW's around a track. At the end it must have said Top Gear because a while later I found myself googling for Top Gear. Guess who made a forum post over at Dieselstation advertising his little side project. gear.viper007bond.com? Yap, it was Viper shamelessly plugging this site there. The rest as they say is history.

It was the night before taking a road trip to Florida and I couldn't sleep because of all the excitement. I started flipping through the channels at about 2am and came across the Ferrari 612 'epic race' episode on the Discovery channel. I was instantly hooked, somewhat because of the Ferrari, partly because I was about to go on a similar GT-style trip (albeit in a mid-80's Pontiac Trans Am instead of an Italian thoroughbred), but mostly because there was nothing else on. Unfortunately I couldn't find it on anymore and a good bit of time went by before I saw it again.

I first saw the Range Rover vs Tank and the Downhill biker vs Clio in 2007 i think. Then in 2008 i saw a thread about Top Gear in a forum, and then decided to watch an ep on tv. Been an addict ever since.

I frist saw it when The Discovery Channel showed edited episodes of it about 3-4 years ago. It was a sunday and I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on it because I reconized the song playing at the time it was Mona Lisa Overdrive, the song that plays during the 10 min car chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded. So I thought this must be good and watched it was hooked. The segment was the Evo vs bobsled, which is still one of my favorite bits. I think I imediately looked through the TV listings to see when it was on again. It came on every wednesday night at like 8:00pm I think. After it stopped airing and before I found out about torrents I was able to find some full episodes on google videos.

Am into Top Gear for about 8 months now... Used to watch Brainiac, thought Hammond was very funny and he looked very familiar. And then I heard that he was from Top Gear, and I thought 'What is he doing on that boring car show for old men' , but decided to give it a chance :angel: And I loved it.

*shot of Clarkson driving a gold caddy around the peri track at Dunsford*

*cuts to inside shot of him driving with a look of utter disdain on his face*

Voiceover: "The king of cars is back.... Top Gear, coming soon to BBC Two"

Yep, first trailer, for first episode, for first season!

I watched the old ones when i was younger, from maybe age 5 (1997ish).Got the magazines in the time in between (well read my Dad's). Then found that it was back on, I've been watching from Genesis 01x01 with the Ford GT40 in the studio and got annoyed by how much Richard Hammond said "GT40" in the segment, I have forgiven him since tho.

I am and my love of Cars are, quite literally, Top Gear Born and Bred (Can I get it on a T-shirt?)

BF was watching it on BBCA, and said, "This is the funniest show on TV..."

I, of course, being a woman, thought, "Yeah, right" and completely disregarded him.

Then I happened to catch them filling up the British Leyland shit cars with the water and a true fan was born. :D
To this day, the shit car challenges remain my favorites.

First clip was Mclaren F1 vs skyline(or a really fast car as jeremy put it). Then jumped to original Koenigsegg episode and then to exige vs apache. From then it was love.

I was folding my laundry and there was nothing on, so I flipped to BBC America and it was the Reliant Robin Shuttle episode. Then I found myself doing laundry on the same day and sitting watching it. It'd obviously been on for years in England, not my kind of thing, and I don't know why I changed channel, but there you go. It must have been ordained by the holy Stig.

Back in 2003 MBC bought the rights to air some of BBC Top Gear car reviews as a special segment in the Arabic version of Top Gear which was an utter load of rubbish apart from the BBC segments of course.

My first encounter was.
[YOUTUBE]U3ux-eGJoP0[/YOUTUBE]

But this what caught my eyes.:blink:
[YOUTUBE]bl86V4kJJVE[/YOUTUBE]

no idea what my first clip was but I think I saw it on the car site edmunds.com several years ago. Watched some more on Youtube and then really got into it last year when I figured out how to download all the episodes.

10x01, the Greatest Road challenge. I found it on Youtube, found an episode on a torrent site, then found final gear just in time for series 12.