How do I get these downloaded episodes on my iPad?

BrianK

This may be a simple question, but is it possible to get the downloaded TG episodes to play back on my ipad? I have a 14 hour flight tomorrow & would like a little entertainment. I've got a bunch of (720p) episodes on my mac, but "adding" the mpgs to itunes doesn't seem to be working - nothing happens.

btw, I searched on the forum for "ipad" and "ipad load" but... not much in the way of results.

you got 720p mpegs? Guessing you mean mkvs...
There are players in the appstore that play those, afaik... Like the no longer available vlc or the still available gplayer...
For conversion to my iPhone I always used xvid4psp which should have an iPad preset.

Handbrake is another program I know of that might be able to do the conversion. Just know that it will take some time. If Gplayer can play the files directly that seems like a better idea to me (don't own any Apple products so not particularly familiar).

Handbrake is another program I know of that might be able to do the conversion. Just know that it will take some time. If Gplayer can play the files directly that seems like a better idea to me (don't own any Apple products so not particularly familiar).
Handbrake is what I use as well it has an iPad preset. It will take a few hours depending on how many files you are looking to do.

I use Handbrake as well. Works awesome to convert the video files to a format that the iPad can play.

there used to be an app called VLC player, but they took it off the app store. Don't know why as it was one of the simpler ones to use. In VLC, you didn't need to convert anything either.

there used to be an app called VLC player, but they took it off the app store. Don't know why as it was one of the simpler ones to use. In VLC, you didn't need to convert anything either.
VLC sucked though, at least on the iPhone it was terribly slow (as in unwatchable).