How do you make a Prius uglier than it is?

nouseferaname90

Why, give it a body kit of course!

To coincide with the official launch of the 2010 Toyota Prius in its home market of Japan, the automaker has unleashed a whole slew of styling and performance upgrades available through Modellista, its in-house tuning arm. There are three separate body kits available that offer varying levels of flair: Modellista Versions 1 and 2 and an Aero Tourer Kit. We're not so sure the exterior bits from the Aero Tourer kit actually improve the car's looks any, but perhaps they improve its already stellar aerodynamics somewhat.

Questionable aesthetics aside, there's also a few aftermarket bits that could potentially improve the car's handling performance, like optional 16-inch alloy wheels and a new set of springs that lower ride height by 20 millimeters. At this point, it's not expected that Toyota will import any of these kits outside of Japan, but, if you're really interested, there's always eBay.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/22/toyota-unleashes-2010-prius-modellista-aero-kits/

toyota_prius_modellista_11.jpg

toyota_prius_modellista_01.jpg

toyota_prius_modellista_04.jpg

Why would you put a body kit on your microwave? :blink:

Starts to look like a Citroen....but a lot more ugly.

And I bet the bigger wheels will decrease the fuel economy, and therefore you lose the point of owning a Prius in the first place.

And I bet the bigger wheels will decrease the fuel economy, and therefore you lose the point of owning a Prius in the first place.

+ I assume that the ugly shape has something to do with fuel economy, so sticking on more bits and changing it to a different ugly shape will mess with that too. Now you have a prius with normal fuel economy:lol:

That is a very good point about the wheels. I thought they were purposely small.

Reminds me of the Honda insight actually.

I honestly think the new Prius isn't too bad, especially in comparison to the older generations, but then again its like comparing one piece of turd to another.

I think the Modellista Ver. 1 is a definate improvement on the current car...looks more like an Auris. Which is better, but a million miles from good...

Nah you got it wrong, the point of owning a Prius is to show that your a smug douchebag.

toyota_prius_modellista_01.jpg

grillz.jpg

In all fairness, though, the back of this kit doesn't look bad.

I don't think it looks too bad. If anything, the white paint and wheels and such reminds me a lot of the Honda Type R cars. Especially the Acura-esque grille.

Even thinking aloud about the Prius would cause an outrage on this forum. :p

*cue flame suit*

I don't think it looks that bad. Prius mk3 looks a lot better than mk2 imo.

I honestly think it's beautiful in white, especially with one of those modellista bodykits (silly name, though)!
I quite like it, and f--- all I care that it's a hybrid :)

I think it adds a bit of style to the car. Maybe not class, but style.

I think too the back is good.

It seems horrible because we KNOW what is powering that car. If it were a standard petrol it could be standard looking.