How do you make a Prius uglier than it is?

I think too the back is good.

It seems horrible because we KNOW what is powering that car. If it were a standard petrol it could be standard looking.

Time for someone to do a swap. Put a Honda Type R engine in there, take out all the hybrid stuff, swap a manual transmission in there, possibly an LSD, and a supercharger for good measure. That would be a decent sleeper.

insight-f.jpg

K-SightWM3.jpg

Of course, I always thought the original Insight was pretty cool. It didn't make such a compromise of its duty like the Prius did, and it wasn't hideously ugly either...just kinda odd, but cool in my opinion.

Interesting note, the above car makes over 200hp at the wheels (around 220bhp) and still gets 55mpg+ on the highway, average.

Last edited:
Even thinking aloud about the Prius would cause an outrage on this forum. :p

That's b/c ppl here have unoriginal wit and can only think of recycled Prius hate jokes.

I'm not a prius owner or lover but all the jokes are years old and getting pretty lame :rolleyes:

Somewhere someone is making a shit ton of money on this.

i actually like the kits. they enhances the styling, especially the modellista kits. like siredward noted, i think we're all just to biased against everything prius to give it a fair evaluation.

Modellista always does a nice job on kits for cars (they have a few for the iST that I badly want to get for my xD ) but these... aren't horrible, yet they're not that good either.

Time for someone to do a swap. Put a Honda Type R engine SBC in there, take out all the hybrid stuff, swap a manual transmission in there, possibly an LSD, and a supercharger for good measure. That would be a decent sleeper.

Fixed.

That's b/c ppl here have unoriginal wit and can only think of recycled Prius hate jokes.

I'm not a prius owner or lover but all the jokes are years old and getting pretty lame :rolleyes:

Toyota Prius. A joke barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the dumb looking stuff. We have the capability to build the world's more ugly hybrid. The Prius will be that joke. Better than it was before. uglier, dumber, stupidier.

insight-f.jpg

K-SightWM3.jpg

Of course, I always thought the original Insight was pretty cool. It didn't make such a compromise of its duty like the Prius did, and it wasn't hideously ugly either...just kinda odd, but cool in my opinion.

Interesting note, the above car makes over 200hp at the wheels (around 220bhp) and still gets 55mpg+ on the highway, average.

The original Insight looks very cool in person. I sometimes see one on the way to uni.

That's actually a very clever engine swap. Light, aerodyanmics body with a peppy 4-cylinder engine = WANT.