How does it go? I fought the law and the law...

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
Lost son!

Work sent me out to the middle of the desert, some 2.5 hours from home. It also happens to be a haven for speed traps. I got hit by a bike cop using lidar claiming 16 over. I was cruising with traffic but I got picked off as the unlucky bastard. Luckily that shitty California legal system we here so much about was in my favor.

The ticket I was written up for was "unsafe speed." This is based on "the officers judgment." In my case he just claimed I violated the limit on the sign just in front of where I got picked off. The fun part is, most speed limits above 25 and below 65mph are supposed to be based on a traffic survey in my state. If you heard Spectre or I talk about an "85 percentile law" this is it.

I went ahead and stated my case and requested the ticketing officer provide a traffic survey justifying the limit. They failed to do so, and guess who got his bail money back :D

Best part is, I did all this without having to go any further than my local post office, never seeing a courthouse, and wearing board shorts and sandals.

:cheers:

Do not try that in Ukania. ?

Waterboarding follows? ? :lol:

The Police are always 100% correct even when they are not, touch of sorry officer (Do not call the sir - they think you are taking the piss). You would be unlucky to get done in those circs especially if you are a visitor.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the cops have his plate now. The next time he's pulled over they'll just sprinkle some crack on him and haul him off.