• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

how does the 'posts since last visit' cookie work?

i dunno how it works, but when i check between home and uni, it works fine. no diff in not viewed posts

Works with your username...

so you can log on from anywhere and it's supposed to work

it works like this?... I thought it stores on your cookie... :lol:, up till now I only check the forum on one computer :lol: ...

It works everywhere. I've read this forum in library, on my mum's and friend's computers, etc., so it doesn't work with cookies.

I've never thought about how it works, but no I got interested.

It's the forum software which tells what topics you have already read. Nothing to do with cookies.

Yeah sometimes it fucks up which is annoying.

If you open the forum 2 times, it'll mark everything as read! :x

It will show you the posts since you last closed your browser while visiting the site, or it should at least.

Renesis said:

IE?

TechZ said:
I'd love for a View Todays Posts, or Last 48hrs Posts :thumbsup:

Yeah, ordering the last 48 or 24 hours posts would be great. Sometimes my connection goes bunkers, or I can't see all posts at the time, and I lose all that information. I guess this would be easier than choosing the time since we want to see the posts...

Viper007Bond said:
It will show you the posts since you last closed your browser while visiting the site, or it should at least.

Renesis said:

IE?

you bet!

Figures. :lol: