how dumb can you be?

I'm sure pigs have the same problem of racial profiling as they do here. Ask the new Toronto Chief of Pigs, even he admitted racial profiling is a majour issue in the Toronto Pigs Department.

I'm assuming you're white. I guarantee a routine traffic stop for you is not the same as it is for me, being a visible minority. I have yet to run into respectable pigs that deserve my respect. Until then, I'll continue refusing random searches, waiting for a representative, and being a general asshole to them when I know I have done nothing wrong.

The greatest joy in the world is forcing an officer to prove he has probable cause, get a warrant, or get a K-9 unit, and giving him the general idea that I have something on me. Make the pig go through all that work and he ends up with nothing. That'll teach them to go after real criminals rather than targeting urban youths.

The greatest joy in the world is forcing an officer to prove he has probable cause, get a warrant, or get a K-9 unit, and giving him the general idea that I have something on me. Make the pig go through all that work and he ends up with nothing. That'll teach them to go after real criminals rather than targeting urban youths.

I got news for you. Urban youths make up most of the murder victims due to gangs or just plain old crime. Urban youths are more likely to be involved in crime for a number of reasons. My friend is a NYC cop. He has encountered more minorities involved in crime than your typical caucasion male. Of course white men committ crimes too but it is higher with the minority population, again for numerous factors. Something about immulating rappers, gang life and having sex at an early age creating fatherless children and creating a cycle of young males with contempt and hate in their heart.

That is why I want to be a teacher in NYC, to help combat that as a teacher.

I'm assuming you're white. I guarantee a routine traffic stop for you is not the same as it is for me, being a visible minority. I have yet to run into respectable pigs that deserve my respect. Until then, I'll continue refusing random searches, waiting for a representative, and being a general asshole to them when I know I have done nothing wrong.

You have not been the first to make that mistake ;) . I am an educated minority. You couldnt tell that from the political threads, my republican oriented sig and my religious views. I am 25% Jamaican, 25% Dominican and 50% Puerto Rican.

I dress in urban clothing, rap/hip-hop clothes and look much like a typical Puerto Rican or minority. Unlike other minorites, I dont blame the actions of a cop that is trying to combat crime against them. I too have been watched closely in some nice stores and have experienced racial profiling once. Some store clerc assumed I stole a magazine when I left the store but hadn't noticed that I came in with it.

Should I blame her for her actions? Hold that contempt against a race? No. I simply shrug it off and realize that the real harm is coming from my own people committing these crimes and justifying it as "do what you gotta do to survive son". :roll:

Instead of blaming the cops, why not blame the teens having babies, the people that sell drugs in the neigborhood and justify that as "I'm just tryin to eat and get this paper". Why not blame the mentality of urban youth that the only way to success is with basketball/sports skills or a career in rap/hip-hop music? Why not blame those same african-americans for dismissing Bryant Gumble and Colin Powell as "too white" or "uncle toms" instead of good role models for the black community? Bill Cosby has been speaking about this recentley but if it came from a white person then it is racism.

Minorities need to wake-up. There is no longer chaines around a black man's ankles and there is no white man in their way to success. The obsticle is the stigma they hold in their minds, their own shackles and chains that prevents them from succeding.

///M, you give me an example of a situation a cop or "pig" offended you by racially profilling you or falsely accusing you of a crime and Ill tell you how I handle such situations, the right way to handle them.

Some uneducated black people think that way. I know because I went to school with them and they live in my neigborhood. They blame the govt or cops for their laziness or certain mistakes they made in their life.

I said that because it sounds so familiar.

I also have relatives with the same mentality. I know what Im talking about.

Tell me a bit of your background, ethnicity, relatives etc.

Well then, I admire your patience. Whenever I get followed in the store I simply stop, and stare at the store clerk until they either get the fuck out of my face or piss me off long enough for me to just walk out of the store.

Like you, I'm a minority in the process of educating myself to help society. For some reason, though, that doesn't seem to make a difference. I guess jealousy is a bitch, because the only people that go on to become pigs are people that couldn't make it to college. I'm also not what you call poor or ghetto, but I do live in a part of Toronto were both worlds are juxtaposed to such a sad extreme. You can pretty much cross the street and go from large, 4 bedroom houses with 2 cars in the driveway, to the run down projects. I've never been involved in gangs, and I try to not wear gang colours. I have a clean record, with the worst infraction being a simple speeding ticket. I do indulge in the herb from time to time, but that's illegal for the wrong reasons :D. I make it a habit to minimise the time I have anything incriminating on me in public. And still, time and time again, I'm forced to randomly stop on the street at night and answer to a pig who insists on knowing who I am, where I've been, and where I'm going. If I don't answer, I'll have my face on the pavement, and I know people that have had that happen to them.

Ya jamaican? Jamaican neva fi bow down to babylon's shitstem. Pass di flame, I an I fi bun down fi dem shitstem.

How's my patois?

Oh yeah, I'm Egyptian.

justin syder said:
Some uneducated black people think that way. I know because I went to school with them and they live in my neigborhood. They blame the govt or cops for their laziness or certain mistakes they made in their life.

I said that because it sounds so familiar.

I also have relatives with the same mentality. I know what Im talking about.

Tell me a bit of your background, ethnicity, relatives etc.

I don't know why I'm acting so PC and liberal lately, but saying someone's post is stupid by asking them if they are "black and from the ghetto" seems pretty wrong to me.

On the other hand, I know what you mean, so I'll take it at face value.

Background etc. -> pretty normal white family (2 sisters, parents, 2 cats)

Anything else of interest? :mrgreen:

Well then, I admire your patience. Whenever I get followed in the store I simply stop, and stare at the store clerk until they either get the fuck out of my face or piss me off long enough for me to just walk out of the store.

///M, that is the wrong way to handle it and keeps the friction between minorities and people of authority or store clerks etc. Instead of staring, act polite or be nice or something. I've turned worried looks on some store worker into a smile just by smiling and saying hello. They know or atleast feel a bit more confortable and would be less suspicious of me. I make a funny comment, say something interesting or just be polite and their suspicion immediately vaporates ;)

Sometimes, especially in my apartment building which has older caucasion people, they try to start a conversation and I might not be in the mood. Unless I know the person, I usually keep to myself in public and most of the times Ill be listening to music loudly on my mp3 player. HOWEVER, If an older white lady or white man starts a conversion Ill force a smile and be polite because I dont want that person to think Im a typical minority that has some contempt for the white race. I dont want them to believe the stereotypes and

Part of this thinking is from my religion and also from learning of the mistakes most minorities make. They have this anger for no reason, blaming white people when they need to take some responsibility for themselves and the way they conduct themselves.

You might not like the "pigs" but Im sure they might smell you and be suspicious or have dealt with many minorities that usually are involved in something illegal thus can't help but to be suspicious about one more. Take a look at "COPS" the tv show and youll see if it isnt some uneducated redneck drunk beating his wife its usually an uneducated black man selling drugs or stealing a car.

Minorites need to "check themselves". They are the ones holding themselves behind, not "the man".

///M-
Ya jamaican? Jamaican neva fi bow down to babylon's shitstem. Pass di flame, I an I fi bun down fi dem shitstem.

How's my patois?

Well funny thing about that is, I'm literally 50% Puerto Rican and have been raised mostly with that culture and American culture than my Jamaican or Dominican side. Me no eat dem patties, ya jaffy.

Hey, I have no hate towards white people. Living in a city like Toronto, from normal people atleast, I never get the feeling that I'm a minority. I can't say I have negative feelings towards 'the man'. On that note though, I can definately see were black people get negative ideas towards white people. You have to remember that it's only been one generation since the civil rights movement, but that's a whole other issue, and me not going through what they went through, I can't really comment.

Not sure if you live in NYC, but you seriously can't tell me the cops there don't have racial profiling problems. Amadou Diallo ring a bell? Cops have serious authority issues, couple that with a love of coffee and donuts, and you have a wild beast on the loose. :D

Like I said, I already have my life "in check". If another youth of colour decides to do something, why do I have to feel the heat? Ok, maybe they have a bad idea of minorities in Toronto. Right now, though, I'm studying in a city that's predominantly white. All the crime here is run by either the Mob or Hell's Angels. There are no ethnic gangs to speak of. All the grow-ops are run by white people. All the dealers are white. Why am I hassled at night when I'm walking home after an evening lecture? Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's a police state, were every cop I see stops me to ask questions. I'm just saying there are a few events that stick in my head, and I guess I have to do some racial profiling my self. If cops have the right to judge me because of what a bunch of other youths do, I have the right to judge cops by what a few of their peers do.

Don't absolve "the man" of all responsibility. Now, regarding store clerks following miniorities closer, that's just unfair and nobody should have to put up with it. I'm sure industry statistics on shoplifting (although incomplete) would show that Caucasians make up about half. Regarding drugs, well, there are no poppy fields in the Ghetto ya know. Somebody is bringing these hard drugs in. Marijuana, I could pull some well-dressed caucasian lawyer over and find weed on him.

^///M, btw what race are you, you've probably mentioned this on the board before but I must have missed it, just curious because I am amazed by your knowledge on Religions, esp Islam

I never would have guessed in a million years that you're not white justin. You seem to have such a "white republican" view on things. :?

andyhui01 said:
^///M, btw what race are you, you've probably mentioned this on the board before but I must have missed it, just curious because I am amazed by your knowledge on Religions, esp Islam

I'm Egyptian.

And despite the criticism I get, I enjoy reading about theology, all religions fascinate me. I just get peeved with how people interpret them falsely for their own good.

Can't bother to read this all, it's too much :p

But to get back on topic, here's a vid of how it looks like if a shop-owner shoots back..

If you can't handle stuff like this you shouldn't watch.

Here

that vid wasnt graphic so unless you dont like to see people getting shot then its really ok.

In that case, the robber put his own life on the line, not thinking he could be a victim and decided to rob the store anyway. Again, better his death than the store owner.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I never would have guessed in a million years that you're not white justin. You seem to have such a "white republican" view on things. :?

The man who demands everyone's pic hasn't seen Justins?!?

Oh, nvm, I just went to look, and realized pic is gone. Way, way back he posted his pic...I've known since then he was "black" - if you can call it that. Just out of curiosity, how many people here are minorities in their community?

I'm Puerto Rican, not black. ;)

Alright....that guy in the video was just plain weird. Why was he draggin the body away?!?!?

Shoot. Call the cops. Done.

^considering he had just probably killed a person, he might not think straight. People react differently.
That said I also thought it was pretty moronic dragging the body around.

Sorry - I just remember you had dark skin from your pic - no offense intended.

Non taken ;)