• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

How fast are you dowloading?

It is when I'm the lone person who has the full file and my upload is shitty and slow.

Once someone else finishes the file off me and some other people have the full file, the speed will greatly improve.

Here, look:

http://bt.p44.org/stats.php?info_hash=f72a53e1c21406de84a95e46d5171fbddd6c98f5

I'm uploading to a couple people who are each uploading to another couple people and each other. Once I have uploaded the full file overall, everyone will exchange the parts they have but other people don't and it'll come together and then there will be like a dozen people who have the full file and the speeds should go to like 80 to 100 KB most likely.

not as fast as a HTTP download, but I don't have $5000 to shell out a month for that kind of bandwidth.

Hey, would you rather get the 2 KB/sec they get at RacingFlix.com ?

Post edited with further details.

Think of it this way:

I give a 1/3 of the file to person A, a different 1/3 of the file to person B and the last thrid to person C. The whole file is now out there and they can exchange the parts they have with each other instead of depending on my crappy upload.

They then exchange with other people and so forth. I'm still uploading those "1/3's".

(It's not really 1/3, but that gives you the idea.)

Yeah, and sorry for the slow download. I would send the file to some other people first so we could all get online and seed (that's what I'm doing right now), but that would have meant a further delay (probably a good day) between each new torrent instead of the hour or two it takes me to get a full copy out there.

download speeds are also related to your upload speeds
ie the faster u send the faster u DL

i get from 12kb/sec to the most i've seen 50kb/sec
takes under an hour for one episode, not bad at all

Yep, better than nothing. ;)

bahnstormer said:
download speeds are also related to your upload speeds
ie the faster u send the faster u DL

i get from 12kb/sec to the most i've seen 50kb/sec
takes under an hour for one episode, not bad at all

I gotta weep, I get to a max 0f 7kb/sec.......which I have to say is better than I usually get with GetRight, or from an ftp

....another thing...when I'm using ABC, my connection is maxed....ABC is a HOG :shock: :eek: !!! I can't even open a new web page, let alone surf or check my email :( :x THe minute I connect, Upload speed jumbs to like 15-35 kb/s--I guess that's the whole point of the torrent/peer-to-peer thing, right?? :?

Viper broke the tracker.

Yeah he did personnally it's not the high trafic or anything.. he used it and it blew into pieces.. everything fell apart.. :lol: :roll:

Don't be mean to chris - he was nice enough to host the tracker in the first place. ;)

Hey looks like the sites up now... Has everything been figured out yet on how to share the vids? I'll go browse around now and see... :D

Trying to DL the latest file. I have Cable connection, but my dl rate is sooo stinking slow... 5-10 kps?!? I set my upload limit to automatic (Im using ABC) so it's not like I'm leeching... are other people just not sharing??

phandl said:
Trying to DL the latest file. I have Cable connection, but my dl rate is sooo stinking slow... 5-10 kps?!? I set my upload limit to automatic (Im using ABC) so it's not like I'm leeching... are other people just not sharing??
If your connection is firewalled, that can sometimes cause a problems as it limits you to connecting to people who don't have a firewall (this is the problem I have) and also, downloads will start off slow when you have little to upload, but should speed up.

Regardless, there's not much I can do to speed it up. Sorry. :?