How long until West Africa is under international quarantine? [The Ebola Thread]

So it's scary but I shouldn't be scared of it? And I'm not talking scary as in "shivering in a corner" :lol:

Anyways, MRSA death rate is maybe 20%. Ebola is 50%+. In fact, the the two major previous outbreaks the death rate was 90%. MRSA is also declining in this country, while Ebola has a very real potential of increasing.

What I'm trying to say is that while it would REALLY suck to get Ebola, it is very unlike to happen. MRSA kill less pr. contation but you Are almost infinately more likely to catch it at the moment, so you are all things considered much much more likelymuch to die from it. In the end it's all about statistics.

For my own personal reasons, I hope they don't stop travel to the entire African continent. In the last 12 months I've made about 5 trips to South Africa and going again in two weeks (stopping over in Senegal which is in West Africa, one hour layover)

I heard this guy lied on his declaration or something. I suppose nobody is going to admit to being in contact with someone with Ebola.

For my own personal reasons, I hope they don't stop travel to the entire African continent. In the last 12 months I've made about 5 trips to South Africa and going again in two weeks (stopping over in Senegal which is in West Africa, one hour layover)

I heard this guy lied on his declaration or something. I suppose nobody is going to admit to being in contact with someone with Ebola.

That's the problem. People will do anything to get the hell away from such a threat and lying on a form is such a minor thing.

But no worries. We'll ban flights to Israel for possible violence in the region, but we won't even consider stopping flights from ebola infected countries. Meanwhile, other countries are rapidly putting restrictions and bans in place. Even Saudi Arabia is banning hajj travel from infected countries.

Meanwhile, there's now over 100 people under observation in Dallas as potentially infected and the number is growing by the day; four more are quarantined. And the guy's family, who *was* in contact with him during the most infectious stage, broke quarantine because they didn't want to be near the sick guy. They went out in public and carried on as normal. They are now under armed guard to prevent them from infecting anyone else.

And when does Spectre run for the hills?

And when does Spectre run for the hills?

Too late to do so. This guy and his family really got around Dallas and there is a small but non-zero possibility that I may have already been exposed. Waiting to hear back confirmation or denial of whether a credit card sale belongs to them or just someone of the same ethnicity and the same last name.

Some friends of mine have it worse, they were in Presby's ER or in that part of the hospital for various reasons on either the first or second time the guy was there. One of them is an older woman with immune system issues, she's really, really worried right now - she's one of the people under observation.

Last edited:
Just found out nope, it wasn't them. I'm clear - well, as clear as anyone else in Dallas. Since the CDC is consistently not understanding the idea of quarantine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...la-quarantine-24-hours-sneezing-coughing.html

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...for-texas-ebola-victim-shop-receive-visitors/

And some local idiot politicians don't get it either.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...udge-Enter-Ebola-Apartment-Without-Protection

But hey, the Administration tells us it's all under control. Even as two patients (one just back from Nigeria) are admitted to DC hospitals with possible Ebola symptoms. Video at last link too.

Last edited:
How long until West Africa is under international quarantine?

How long until West Africa is under international quarantine?

If they're that stupid it's no big loss anyway.

Agreed. There are many other local politicians I would like to see do the same thing but apparently they are not quite that stupid.

Last edited:
The Poke spoof Daily Fail headline:

BzNlHlJCEAAeumJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/518872066322231297/photo/1

Last edited:
How can this bullshit (sorry) even legally been sold?

I was eating a banana from Ghana today and had a thought. Would it be possible for Ebola to travel through contact with ingredients, or harvesters being infected by it without knowing and picking stuff?

This is a thought of how it could potentially evolve, not whether I've gotten Ebola from a country with no Ebola in it... :p

I was eating a banana from Ghana today and had a thought. Would it be possible for Ebola to travel through contact with ingredients, or harvesters being infected by it without knowing and picking stuff?

This is a thought of how it could potentially evolve, not whether I've gotten Ebola from a country with no Ebola in it... :p

Since it's a virus, it needs a host to stay alive for considerable length of time.

But...

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST:
Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4?C) Footnote 52 Footnote 61. One study could not recover any Ebolavirus from experimentally contaminated surfaces (plastic, metal or glass) at room temperature Footnote 61. In another study, Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions (between 20 and 250C and 30?40% relative humidity) (amount of virus reduced to 37% after 15.4 hours), but is less stable than some other viral hemorrhagic fevers (Lassa) Footnote 53. When dried in tissue culture media onto glass and stored at 4 ?C, Zaire ebolavirus survived for over 50 days Footnote 61. This information is based on experimental findings only and not based on observations in nature. This information is intended to be used to support local risk assessments in a laboratory setting.

A study on transmission of ebolavirus from fomites in an isolation ward concludes that the risk of transmission is low when recommended infection control guidelines for viral hemorrhagic fevers are followed Footnote 64. Infection control protocols included decontamination of floors with 0.5% bleach daily and decontamination of visibly contaminated surfaces with 0.05% bleach as necessary.

Source

I think that's a satiric fake...

Ohh, from what I've seen from british trash paper this could very well be true... :p