How "manly" is your car?

TC

aka TomCat
No one gives a fuck.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's true. The only people who might care are those others who're equally insecure in their manliness and make it so painfully obvious.

Now I'm not the sort of guy to make broad sweeping generalizations about people based on what they drive, but if you're the sort of person who gives more than 5 seconds thought to how "manly" your vehicle is, then I'm going to suspect that you're compensating for something.

I see it a lot with guys who drive big trucks. (surprise, surprise) A lot of people buy big trucks here in Arizona, and a lot of them use their trucks for what they're designed to be used for, but the guys who are always bragging about how manly their trucks are, are always the ones that never use them for anything other than posing. You got a small dick, we all know it, you're not fooling anyone. The guy in the Miata is more of a man than you'll ever be. kthxbye

I sometimes wear pink work shirts and/or ties, drive a Miata, sport woven and beaded bracelets and am totally comfortable with my manhood and my sexuality. If anything my attire and vehicle are compensating for and offsetting my natural uber-manliness. If I had to share a prison cell with Chuck Norris he would be my bitch.

^ Pink shirts are the best! I got my dad a pink shirt/tie combo for his birthday; not because manliness but because he's so damn boring. Double Conservative councillor and drives a silver Volvo. But he wears it and is the most colourful thing in his meetings :p And I wouldn't have said you looked non-manly - more a form of youthful. You look like a badly aged mid-thirties kinda guy :lol:

No one gives a fuck.

Best thread evar. The truth hath been spoken. Now where's Cowboy...?

Reactions: MWF
Despite an actual lack of kids, my estate is extremely manly because it tells the world "hey look, mine works fine" :lol:

Reactions: MWF
My Crown Vic is extremely manly. Why? BECAUSE COP CAR.

A small red hatchback and a boring gray sedan. Not in the slightest way. :D
But true enough, not something you should care about.

The lolvo could have been considered manly, heavy, ugly, smelly and slow. :D

The ultimate test of manliness:

Use a pink Micra as your daily driver.

Nissan_Micra_Barbie_Car.jpg

I am not man enough. :(

Last edited:
My car smells a bit funny inside, is fairly worn out, has plenty of body damage and dirt on the outside and currently resembles a van (the back 5 seats are out). I don't know what this says.

I felt more manly driving the little green Series though, because it's old and immediately tells everyone that you're brave enough to drive around in a cold rattly pig shed on wheels. The fact that I sold it probably says a lot.

currently resembles a van (the back 5 seats are out). I don't know what this says.

Van = super manly. If it needs doing; it can be done. And transported. We have yet to find something that we have needed to transport that the Kangoo could not.

I have two wagons, because i'm manly :p

I get abuse daily, from people at work, to family, to random children laughing.

Like I give a fuck?

It's similar with me, as i got a Volvo wagon that's also old, i get comments. "why don't you get a newer car?"

then they call me when they need a tow, because their shiny new manly car broke down.

I sometimes wear pink work shirts and/or ties, drive a Miata, sport woven and beaded bracelets and am totally comfortable with my manhood and my sexuality. If anything my attire and vehicle are compensating for and offsetting my natural uber-manliness. If I had to share a prison cell with Chuck Norris he would be my bitch.

Harley Earl wore pinks shirts. Hard to be more badass than that.

112_0906_01l+penn_jillette+in_mini_cooper.jpg

He now has a pink Nissan Leaf.

My car is downright grandfatherly, does that count? :p

My car is so bland it's neither girly or manly.