How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D

Last edited:
The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D

You're welcome :p

I saw your reaction to why way of leaving the parking lot, Ethan ;). If I had had more space I'd have gone for an actual burnout, which I later did somewhere remote back in the Hill Country :D

Add rickhamilton to the list of "people you met from an Internet forum!"

Add rickhamilton to the list of "people you met from an Internet forum!"

Dammit, you beat me to it! :p T'was a pleasure, and now you know that yes...I'm as "basic" IRL as I am on the internet. :lol: The next time you're in the area, don't be a stranger!

Dammit, you beat me to it! :p T'was a pleasure, and now you know that yes...I'm as "basic" IRL as I am on the internet. :lol: The next time you're in the area, don't be a stranger!

As soon as I got in my car, I checked to see if you posted. Just so I could be first.

How was I a stranger?

As soon as I got in my car, I checked to see if you posted. Just so I could be first.

Clever.... :p

How was I a stranger?

It's a saying, basically....lemme know when you're back in town so we can hang out again. :)

Will do!

Cool.
I was trying to explain to my friends from KC that I drove up to KC last year just to meet with you. It just sounded weird and creepy.
he mentioned that....2 hours ..that's dedication lol.

To be fair, it would have been 2 hours if one of us drove to the other, but we met in the middle in the land of Amish farms, outlet shopping, sexually suggestive town names, and random ass buffets (Lancaster PA).

I was trying to explain to my friends from KC that I drove up to KC last year just to meet with you. It just sounded weird and creepy.

Try explaining to your family that you planned your European trip around an event in Germany just to spend 3 days with a bunch of people you only met on the internet.
I bet Misrabelle went through the same. :lol:

It all does sound a bit crazy, doesn't it? "Where are you going again?" "To meet with some people from the internet. Don't worry, is not a furry thing or the like."

Yup :lol:

I've gone all over the world for FG people and can honestly say that most of my friends are FG folks :D

I really need to get to texas and germany (ringmeet)...those sound like fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I really need to get to texas and germany (ringmeet)...those sound like fun.

Try explaining to your family that you planned your European trip around an event in Germany just to spend 3 days with a bunch of people you only met on the internet.
I bet Misrabelle went through the same. :lol:

I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip.
"I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars).
This was usually met with blank stares.

Last edited:
I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip. "I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars). This was usually met with blank stares.
Oh yeah! I forgot you took part in the roadtrip as well!That's definitely much harder to explain. :rofl: