How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip.
"I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars).
This was usually met with blank stares.

Yeah, I feel like that's going to be me when I do have the opportunity to go to Europe again and do a roadtrip and having to explain to family and friends that I had this double life on the internet since I was 16.

Aand I just met 93Flareside, it was a pleasure :) Although a little short due to his time schedule.

Yes! It was fun! I hope to come back and have more time. Hopefully the church restoration will be done next time too. It would be nice to see it without scaffolding.

I can officially add Leadfoot866 to my list! :D

Twas a pleasure walking the show and alternating between drooling over cool cars and being snarky dicks about cars that suck. :)

Last edited:
alternating between drooling over cool cars and being snarky dicks about cars that suck. :)

Yes, but are they the ones the rest of us regard as cool or are they the ones *you* think are cool and the rest of us want to set on fire? :p

Yes, but are they the ones the rest of us regard as cool or are they the ones *you* think are cool and the rest of us want to set on fire? :p
The former, definitely not the latter. I'll post my thoughts from the show in random thoughts: AE this evening

Why not create a separate thread with photos rather than lose it in the clutter of a random thoughts thread?

Why not create a separate thread with photos rather than lose it in the clutter of a random thoughts thread?
I was going to post like one or two photos/a quick thought about the experience in RT then link to the meetup thread with the rest.

Well, if you haven't noticed, it's too scary to make a new thread. :D

Or it's just people not reading new threads as often as the mega threads.

I have met Adunaphel, D-Fence, homer-jay_simpson, Ice, JVtje, killpanda, Kip, MXM and swek, aka the people at ringmeet 2008.

Can finally update this :D

I've now also met Adamar, Adrian, bdamjan, Beni, Bobele, brotan, DaBoom, DaHitch, DanRoM, Dr_Grip, eizbaer, Eye-Q, Fairlady, FlatPackDan, Galantti, gt1750, Hemily, Ivan47, Kimo_SpeedSix, Lastsoul, Leviathan, Loose_Unit, MacGuffin, Matt2000, Misrabelle, MWF, narf, nicjasno, public, redliner, RobMayth, Shad, Terrex, thomas, TobiasG, Toni, Vltros and vuksa_kc

That brings my total up to 47 :thumbsup:

So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D

Definitely have to add mdkgk now, the spanish people, not sure who of the slovenians has accounts and who doesn't.. I think Rebecca has none yet either.. :D And Lucille probably doesn't count I guess.. :p Anyway, probably closer to the 80 number now.. but fuck if I cba to actually research it now in detail :mrgreen:

Never counted. But I'm happy to be a part of the community.

Everyone here should at least be there once. Come on guys, from what I can tell, the money is not really the issue with many people here. If you can afford three cars, you can afford a flight to Europe, too :p

Well, now that we have 3 cars, we can't afford to travel. :p

For me I have no excuse because I accumulate points and miles with air hotel and rental agencies. I'm just a hermit.

Well, now that we have 3 cars, we can't afford to travel. :p

For me I have no excuse because I accumulate points and miles with air hotel and rental agencies. I'm just a hermit.

Don't worry, we're all a bit weird (some more than others).

I'm long overdue for a break from America and I have plenty of miles to afford the flight, my usual issue with ringmeet is how it usually coincides with the visiting of relatives. Hopefully I can make an exception this next time around.

Yeah, we definitely need more 'muricans again next year :D

So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D

Definitely have to add mdkgk now, the spanish people, not sure who of the slovenians has accounts and who doesn't.. I think Rebecca has none yet either.. :D And Lucille probably doesn't count I guess.. :p Anyway, probably closer to the 80 number now.. but fuck if I cba to actually research it now in detail :mrgreen:

And now I need to add CraigB and family as well as ChelsDS. But it's getting harder to find people without traveling forever and ever ;)