How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

And now I need to add CraigB and family as well as ChelsDS. But it's getting harder to find people without traveling forever and ever ;)

Gotta head up to Detroit next August then.

Except he's coming to Ringmeet. That could easily multiply the number of FG'ers HE met in real life

True. But considering he wants me to head up to Detroit, I think he might be daydreaming that Ringmeet 2017 is in Detroit ;).

I got almost "close" to Detroit this year. Went to Kansas City to visit friends - non-FG-people even.

I think it's interesting how we find it so normal to meet people from the internet.

Well unlike with random strangers on the street, we know we got at least one common interest already here, being mostly everything automotive. And we appear to be entertained by the same kind of thing. So worst case scenario you'll meet people that you have only 1-2 topics to talk about while you spend x amount of time with them and then you move on. Best case scenario you end up with a new friend for years to come. And I can confirm that the latter has happened many many times for me alone.

Last couple of years the Woodward Dream Cruise has not overlapped with Ringmeet. And its the holy grail of car shows.

And one more, Bretton Woods.

Maybe I'll eventually meet someone from America :lol:

So, new entries in bold...

MWF
Adrian
Fairlady
Bretton Woods
CraigB
DerStig
Nabster
CrazyJeeper
Spectre

I think it's interesting how we find it so normal to meet people from the internet.

I found out just how "abnormal" it is, when I was telling people at home about heading overseas for last year's Roadtrip.
"Why yes, I'm going to do a roadtrip for ~2 weeks with a bunch of randoms from the internet that I've mostly never, or only briefly, met before."
Their usual response was ":blink:It's been nice knowing you. Goodbye."

Not sure if I commented here after this year's trip, but I can add the attendees from Ringmeet this year (those that differed from last year), Lucille, and Andeh.
(Not sure if Davetouch's housemate Rob has an account on here as yet? Maybe he does, but only a couple of posts..)

Last edited:
Well unlike with random strangers on the street, we know we got at least one common interest already here, being mostly everything automotive. And we appear to be entertained by the same kind of thing. So worst case scenario you'll meet people that you have only 1-2 topics to talk about while you spend x amount of time with them and then you move on. Best case scenario you end up with a new friend for years to come. And I can confirm that the latter has happened many many times for me alone.

Well put and don't forget that in many of those cases when you do meet face to face you already feel like you know them anyway so it rarely feels like actually meeting someone for the first time.

5+? The so-cal group..

Aka the best group. Except most of us no longer live there...

No idea how many, probably something to the tune of DaBoom's count and some SoCal peeps in addition to that (Hatmouse, altoid, BlaRo).

omghai2u

0 as well, I was hoping to meet some folks for the NW meet this past weekend but with the girlfriend visiting that couldn't happen...sigh

We should meet up somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains sometime. :)

And for me, it's entirely too many of you nutlickers :heart: [in alphabetical order]:

(That's fourteen?sollies if I forgot you!)

On a related note, FGer vehicles I've "met" [in alphabetical-by-owner order]:

Last edited:
Met up with LurkerPatrol! He's awesome

Reactions: LP
Down! Have you been to the C&C at Canepa? Link

Not yet, but my wife and I have been talking about going to one. Since SF stopped happening before we ever got to go, I've been lazy about finding another one, but Canepa would probably be super cool.

And now I can add WDWBen and JCE to the list, which makes numbers #idontknow and #idontcare or something in the realm of 80+ :D.