How many kids do you want?

How many kids do you want?

• Total voters
15, I want to be the next "Duggars"....

/extreme sarcasm

My brother once feel asleep sitting on top of our cat. Neither cared.

And yet all of my cats won't even sit still long enough for you to attempt it. Should you manage it whatever you put on them is launched within seconds.

Silly furballs.

No kids for me atm, thankyouverymuch. MIght change in the future, but right now it's a big NO.

It's not that i hate kids as such, according to people around me i'm good with kids, and kids in general like me, but no thanks.

And yes, i have a dog and a cat. And no, i don't dress them up. :)

The only reason to have kids, is to name them something stupid.

Yep:D
How does Boysenberry sound for a boy?

One of the first serious subjects I raised with my (then future) wife once the relationship started getting serious, was how she felt about having children.
I'd rather be alone than a parent, and lucky for me, she felt the same way.

My brother's nickname (by my parents) was 'sprog'*

(*slang for male ejaculate)

So yesterday at work I was on a till, i'm serving a woman and her kid, he's 5-6 at the very most. She buys something and a Nerf Jolt gun. The till gives her a ?5 off voucher, which it shouldn't have done, but what do I care. Her kid asks for another toy, so she says ok. He runs back with a Nerf swat jacket, "Wilson, thats ?15." (First off a great name.) and he just instantly replies "Yes, but mummy you've just gotten a voucher, so it'll only cost you ?10."

So I started laughing, it wasn't that he did basic math, but the fact he made it seem like she was getting a great deal.

I doubt all kids are like this, but if you can have a designer baby and one of the options to tick is to "Have one who can just provide instant, accurate and salesman like replies." I'm onboard.

None, I feel I am not meant to, and my destiny does involve children.

I have been told countless times I would be a great father, but in my heart of hearts I know I would be not. If I were to have children, by my nature I would dedicate all of my time and energy to that child and give no time for myself.
Eventually I would grow to loathe and quite possibly hate the human I dedicated my entire life to. That would be horrible for the child, and I could not in good conscious do that.

Less than none. I not only want none, I also want to take them away from some people, and find a way to keep other people's children away from me.

What he said.

I've had someone wish an "accidental" pregnancy on me, but that's a horrible thing to say. Both for me, and for the child whom I do not want.
I was told at 15 that it was unlikely I would be able to have children without serious medical intervention, so that's good enough for me. That shits expensive!

Also, this;
Jay said:
If I were to have children, by my nature I would dedicate all of my time and energy to that child and give no time for myself.
Eventually I would grow to loathe and quite possibly hate the human I dedicated my entire life to.
Because I put the needs of people I love ahead of myself, I'm still waiting for my life to be about ME, and getting/doing what I want. When I finally get that, I'm not giving it up for some snotty, pooey, whinging brat.

To those of you who only want one though, make sure you have plenty of time and energy for that one kid. Being an only child can get pretty fucking lonely.

Only child but I have a 1/2 brother and a 1/2 sister who themselves are 1/2 Bother & Sister from each other (Don't ask). My brother lived with us for a few years when I was very young but after that I was an only child.

Father to 3 children, one who is disabled sadly, my son.

He must have continous supervision, he can't even cross a road without help - he can not assess the danger, but he is just bright enough to know that he is not 'right', not sure if that is a good thing or not.

One stupid health 'professional' recently asked him in his assessment interview "Who wrote Hamlet?" what a dick head. The Government are forcing people off the benefits my son is entitled to at the moment, the intention is to target people who are 'faking' but come on my son went to a server learning difficulties school FCS.

This was mentioned only as when you 'chaps' have children these sorts of thing can happen to your son or daughter, so be ready to make a bigger commitment than you were expecting. You have been warned.

With two fine daughters who are wonderful, they help with their Brother when ever they can.

Oh and one Grandson too.

Last edited: