How much do the trio earn?

tummelv

Sorry if it's been done but my search wasn't working. :cry:

So how much do you reckon JC, Hammond and May earn? Post either evidence of their earnings or estimated guesses please. I reckon they earn maybe around 100k a year? Anyone else? I know they must get paid a nice amount for May to buy a Boxster and 911 shortly after joining.

I'm talking strictly about from the show.

http://img103.imageshack.**/img103/2636/untitled1ai1.jpg

I would expect they are all on the same now so ?1,000,000 a year.

Let's assume that they earn ?1,000,000 a year (about 2m$) each = 18-20 episodes a year (including specials) = 100k for an episode, that's about the same as the star of semi-popular show in States. The highest paid TV actor in USA atm is Charlie Sheen, star of the Two & a Half Men show, he earns 350k$ per episode (24ep. season, 22min episode lenght), i think JC RH & May deserve about 2m.? per year, assuming TG is now more popular than ever, scoring Huge Ratings.

May doesn't have a 911. He has a Panda and a Boxster. Hammond has a 911. And I agree with you, I think that they earn ?1m pa too. But I would guess that May earns a little less than the other two even after that newspaper stuff. I mean, only a Boxster? It can't be better to drive than the 911 can it? And we all know the reasonings behind his Panda...

It may be less for the other two, just that they spend more on cars than we would. But then again. Have you seen Clarkson's house? Damn! - Just outside of Chipping Norton: 51?55'52.14"N, 1?32'1.07"W. Took me ages to find that. But god it's big. (EDIT: Just found his second house on the Isle Of Man. Great place that. We have a timeshare there. Its Here - 54? 3'16.81"N, 4?37'52.23"W)

Rich bugger. I want his house.

Nice find on the coordinates...

May doesn't have a 911. He has a Panda and a Boxster. Hammond has a 911. And I agree with you, I think that they earn ?1m pa too. But I would guess that May earns a little less than the other two even after that newspaper stuff. I mean, only a Boxster? It can't be better to drive than the 911 can it? And we all know the reasonings behind his Panda...

It may be less for the other two, just that they spend more on cars than we would. But then again. Have you seen Clarkson's house? Damn! - Just outside of Chipping Norton: 51?55'52.14"N, 1?32'1.07"W. Took me ages to find that. But god it's big. (EDIT: Just found his second house on the Isle Of Man. Great place that. We have a timeshare there. Its Here - 54? 3'16.81"N, 4?37'52.23"W)

Rich bugger. I want his house.

May did own a 911.....

i am not sure if he stil has it though.... its a old 911 mind, i cant remember what year but its from the 80's and i believe in his book he mentions that he actually went to the dealer for a new light bulb for that particular car and then came out with a boxter s lol

If i remember correctly, May had his salary raised to 1mil about a year ago or so. He also received some money for May + Oz wine adventure series.
Speaking of cars, James has a boxster, he bought it between 5th & 6th season, a Panda, a Honda 90, an old bentley & some motorbikes.
Richard on the other hand has a handful of cars & bikes (new 911, Morgan, Defender, Yellow Ferrari Dino (outta TG Challenge), at least 2 bikes, one of which is brand new Ducati 1098.
JC has a Lambo Gallardo, SLK55amg merc, XC90 & Ford Focus for family use. His wife has a new Jag XK.

I bet JC makes about the same as Simon Cowell (about 40mil $ a year).

Last edited:
Lets see if anyone can identify those cars parked on Clarkson's driveway. I see two white vans, probably maintenance crews, three black cars and a silver one, and a red car to the east (I don't know if that is even his house. Looks like a guest house.) And oh yeah his house is huge.

And BTW thanks for the coordinates Speedtouch:thumbsup:.

I doubt he earns that much.

And thanks. It took me a while to find his place, searching round Chipping Norton. I still want his house.

I love the large field to the west of his house. I think it may be his, hence the dirt track :lol:

EDIT: It looks like the small bit to the east he also owns. Maybe that is his old Ferrari 355? But then why is it there? why not round the front, or in the courtyard, where it can be safe.

Last edited:
For what? His Chipping Norton or Isle Of Man house?

The chipping Norton house you can clearly see.

And the Isle Of Man house is not visible, but I found it on another forum. It had it there. If I hadn't have found that, I already had the OS map out and was about to begin looking on the coast for a place called Langness. Which I would have found fairly quickly, as the Isle Of Man is a pretty small place (or, in English, the same size of area that was devastated by the 1980 Mt. Saint Helen's eruption.)

I'd love to one day be able to live like that. Close enough to a village to enjoy the comfort of modern life, but at the same time far enough so as to enjoy the country lifestyle. Perfect. Not to mention the dirt track and the well-assorted garage, of course ;)

Speedtouch, that is indeed a nice house.

But wasn't Clarkson once said that he frequently get cars crashing down his front lawn because the house is on a bend?

A small price to pay Zegna! :D

Edit: For the people who haven't seen it I uploaded it.

6fkb0it.jpg

Last edited:
I think in one of JC's videos (The Victoria Cross: For Valour) they show his house, when he buys an old Plane.

Speedtouch, that is indeed a nice house.

But wasn't Clarkson once said that he frequently get cars crashing down his front lawn because the house is on a bend?

Maybe it happens in his Isle of Man house

Clarkson's house & garden were shown in the final (6th) episode of SPEED series, when he orders a Lightning Jetfighter for his garden.