How much do the trio earn?

He bought the old fighter plane in the end of the last episode of the series 'Speed'. That's where they drag the plane inside & carve up his front lawn.

Also there's a glimpse of the house, dirttrack, wife & kids & a bit of driving around in a buggy in 'Who do you think you are - Jeremy Clarkson'

Sorry watched pretty much everything Clarkson/Hammond/May/Top Gear related in the huge break we had last year & now :? :cry:

mind sending me a link?

(and other cool links?)

Last edited:
thats the way the world works son, better get used to it.

Yes, I realise that. That was exactly my point - that it's wrong how the wealthiest and most respected people in the world are a bunch of nobodies who can chase a ball around, or appear in a movie a couple of times a year. And by the way, I'm older than you, so don't call me "son".

one slip up like calling a black man you no what or getting caught with half a bag of coke up your nose and your ruined.

I don't know if Paris Hilton would agree with that. She has an appaling track record, and I wouldn't call her ruined. If anything, she'll probably become even richer in the years to come due to increased exposure and publicity.

When you become as rich as these celebrities, there's no risk involved at all. Even if hypothetically something were to happen which prevented them from working anymore, they've still got tens of millions (or hundreds, or even billions) of dollars to fall back on and still live an extravagant lifestyle.

Many jobs have inherent risk involved. If a pilot fails their medical examination, that's the end of their career, and they're certainly not paid $1 million per flight. If a builder injures their back lifting something, they might never work another day in their life. If anything, celebrities have less risk than this. Once you become famous, people don't care what you do anymore. Sure, the public buys those gossip magazines and think that someone getting married is big news, but as soon as the media moves on to their next flavour of the month, everybody forgets about it.

Clarkson is a perfect example of how saying the wrong thing doesn't have any negative impact on someone like him. Just look at all the derogatory remarks that he's made, and has any of it ruined him?

The person that I quoted said that Clarkson "deserves" the money. I'm sorry, but NO celebrity deserves the money they have, full stop. The world would be no worse off without them.

i think the world WOULD be worse off without the celebrities we have now.

who would do the entertaining? whose stupidity would we laugh at if it weren't paris hilton, britney spears or lindsay lohan?

who would make our movies? who would star in them?

seriously. whose music would we listen to?

no matter what you say--there will always be celebrities and there will always be an elite.

even if you got rid of all the celebs and elites now, new ones would take their places in no time--come on now. get on with life. it's not like a celebrity has ruined your life.

What's with the public viewing of Jeremy's house and why so? Gives me the creeps to think people can Google view private homes.

*runs outside to make sure my Aston is parked in the garage and that the crop circles fashioned in the style of The Stig are trimmed......just in case. Never know who is watching!*:|

I'm sorry, but NO celebrity deserves the money they have, full stop. The world would be no worse off without them.

Think of them as happy pills, only they're good for a couple of million people instead of just one. Let's say a pop of prozac costs $1, Jezza appears on TV, gives 100 million people their happy fix for a week... his $2000000 salary can be considered money well-spent.

:p

I think some celebrities deserve money they earn, JC is one of em, but there are celebs that don't. First of all filming is really hard work, espec. for hour-long programs. Second, good humour is in very short supply atm, that's why TopGear scores high ratings, plus it also gives a valuable piece of motoring information, what more can you want at Sunday 8pm?

Last edited:
Jeremy's house - is nice!

I remember when he and Hammond were talking about someone crashing into Clarkson's garden because - as Hammond pointed - he bought a house on a tight bent. Now I was able to see that bent : ) Is nice.

May did own a 911.....

i am not sure if he stil has it though.... its a old 911 mind, i cant remember what year but its from the 80's and i believe in his book he mentions that he actually went to the dealer for a new light bulb for that particular car and then came out with a boxter s lol

He sold it to one of the TG directors.

what about stiggie? what do you think he makes? :ninja:

This leaves me a bit confused then because in the episode with the Veyron race, Jezza says something along the lines of it being a 'hollow victory' because he knows he'll never be able to own a Veyron. But clearly, if he earns ?1 000 000 per year he'd be able to buy one if he really wanted one... interesting.

I think Stig gets tiny amount for his racing. He may not even be a full-time presenter. Casual rate apply.

Come off it, Tommo. The man has to buy an average supercar :D because he has to put bread on the table and pay for meals at The Ivy. Can't have it all.

You would think that Jeremy be up there with an Alan Sugar pay packet at the rate he publishes. Another one on it's way in October. Better be bursting with new material or I'm asking him personally for a refund!

Stars in Reasonably Priced Car 'tip' The Stig......it's the only way he can make any real money!

I think Stig gets tiny amount for his racing. He may not even be a full-time presenter. Casual rate apply.

Plus, it has been said that the stig is, in fact, multiple people

This leaves me a bit confused then because in the episode with the Veyron race, Jezza says something along the lines of it being a 'hollow victory' because he knows he'll never be able to own a Veyron. But clearly, if he earns ?1 000 000 per year he'd be able to buy one if he really wanted one... interesting.

Making 1million pounds a year does not mean you can afford to spend 1million pounds on a car...

UUmmmmm...celebrities don't deserve a million pounds, I reckon they earn it the minute a forum starts discussing how much you earn and how big your house is, or whenever a tabloid newspaper publishes a picture of you not looking your best on holiday, take it as a kind of compensation for lack of any privacy in your life.

Come off it, Tommo. The man has to buy an average supercar :D because he has to put bread on the table and pay for meals at The Ivy. Can't have it all.

He says it himself. He has one supercar because he only wants one. Not because he can only afford one.

ViperVX said:
I think some celebrities deserve money they earn, JC is one of em, but there are celebs that don't. First of all filming is really hard work, espec. for hour-long programs. Second, good humour is in very short supply atm, that's why TopGear scores high ratings, plus it also gives a valuable piece of motoring information, what more can you want at Sunday 8pm?

Agree entirely with that. People like Paris Hilton are just annoying. They don't contribute to society in any way. Just to those low life idiots who read magazines like 'Hello!' and 'OK!' (IMO).

I also agree that the media need to bugger off. Give the real stars room to shine. By that, I don't mean JC etc. For example, In English at school recently we have been studying a poem called 'Two Scavengers In A Truck, Two Beautiful People In A Mercedes', by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. If you've read it, you'll understand. Another example of this is a programme on the BBC at the moment, which is 'Lenny Henry's Britain'. Its a great show where he explores humour in different place; families, workplace etc. It goes deep into British society and finds humour and how it is taken. I find it very inspiring and shows us the true heroes in todays society. And yet they all, including Lenny himself, don't get paid even as much as JC. If you haven't seen it, its a laugh, and a great show. I would advise you to watch it. Tuesdays.

1 000 000 British pounds = 1.9793 million U.S. dollars
O-M-G

ONE MILLION POUNDS in Britain = ONE MILLION DOLLARS in USA

you dont just go to google currency converter to determine how much it would be worth to you. It only counts if you convert cash. He lives in Britain where equivalent retail items are double the price in america, so he breaks even.
examples:
xbox 360 in britain costs approx $600.00
mcdonalds 99p menu costs approx $2.00

if a brit or american (both making a million pounds and dollars respectively) were to cross the ocean and convert their cash, then the brit has twice as much buying power. But if both stay in respective country, they have equal.

Last edited: