How much do you have to pay for fuel?

JMM

It would really interesting to know how much do you have to pay for it. Here in Finland it costs about 1.15 ?/litre and changing it to US dollars it's about 1.36 $/litre. Pretty expensive, but still maybe it's worth it.

Gas is about $1.90/gallon here. Most it's been in quite some time...

BTW - I wrote a $US/gallon <-> UK pound/liter converter a while back. The conversion rate has since changed though, so you'll have to look it up.

http://linked.viper007bond.com/gas.php

I bet you could enter in any exchange rate (like $US -> finish whatever, etc.) and it'd work.

here in alberta, our gas costs 79.4 cents/ litre

in belgium, gas costs about 1?/l, and diesel 0.70?/l, what's why everyone is driving diesels, the morons, i bet for most of them it comes out more expensive than just bying a normal engine. first of all, a diesel car costs more, and on diesel you have to pay more taxes, and those are for normal engines like rising high

Well, I guess I'm the winner!
:roll:

1,28?/liter respectively 0.85 pounds/litre respectively 1,51$/liter respectively 6,88$/gallon ! :shock:
(Shell V-Power)

It's so cheap in the US, unbelievable! :?

But I'm surprised that gas/petrol in the UK is almost as expensive as here in Germany...

cya
Oli

oliB said:

and guess who's whining the most? the americans... yet they still buy their big V8 powered SUVs :roll:

:lol: You're such a hypocrite. You guys do pretty much the same thing.

Viper007Bond said:
:lol: You're such a hypocrite. You guys do pretty much the same thing.

:shock:

maybe in the west but definately not here... we do see too many SUV's for my taste but it's nowhere close to the US. And here small SUVs are more popular than big ones.

The best selling cars in QUebec are the Mazda Protege (now the 3) and the Honda Civic. No Ford F150 here :wink:

oliB said:
Well, I guess I'm the winner!
:roll:

1,28?/liter respectively 0.85 pounds/litre respectively 1,51$/liter respectively 6,88$/gallon ! :shock:
(Shell V-Power)

But I'm surprised that gas/petrol in the UK is almost as expensive as here in Germany...

cya
Oli

688 A GALLON!!!!!! screw driving.. i will walk

MercedesAMG said:

this doesn't changes anything to the price, but you gotta know that a US gallon = 3.6l and a UK gallon = 4.5l, that makes a difference!

Ohh, my calculation was based on UK gallons... (didn't know that there's a difference)

US:
5.44$/gallon

cya
Oli

Renesis said:
and guess who's whining the most? the americans...

That's right! :wink:

Once I was on holiday in the US (maybe in 2000?) there was a campaign on the radio
"lower the gas or kiss my ass!"

It was ridiculous, because compared to the prizes in Europe it was bargain!
:p

cya
Oli

It's only due to taxes. The fuel itself runs pretty close to the same price.

Damn I wiss we had that cheap fuel prices also. I'd probably be cruising all day long :) .

MercedesAMG said:

Funny thing, those were the exact words, what finnish people said like ten years ago, when we had just about the same gas price what you have now. But still I haven't seen anybody walking more than usual :D .

Its cost about S$1.50 for Shell V power.
and it cost RM$1.50 over at malaysia which is link to Singapore via a bridge.
The conversion rate here is S$1 to RM$2.25
which is half the price over the bridge
that's why alot of people here went over to top up
but they implemented a rule that says if you wanna go over to Malaysia you got to have at least 3/4 tank full or it will be a fine of S$500.
This will stop people from going there to top up and ease a bit of traffic jam at the bridge everyday.

It's hit US$2.00 on average here now. :(