• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

How much fuel does your car use???

How much fuel does your car use???

• 5 - 8 litres, 55 - 35 mpg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - 12 litres, 35 - 23 mpg

• 12 - 16 litres, 23 - 18 mpg

• 16 - 20 litres, 18 - 14 mpg

• more than 20 litres, less than 14 mpg

• Total voters

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
I thought, hopefully, the TG guys are doing their comparison in which car uses the most fuel, so I think we can have that as well ;-)

What was the most your car has ever drunk... But something like on a longer trip or a trackday... No 40 litres if I would be accelerating all day long...

Mine would be 9 litres\100km - 31 mpg

In winter time my beast (Golf III, haha) drinks like mad ;-)

Buba

...if you cann it all day
Huh ? Not sure what you mean by that ? :huh:

But here goes:

My Neon on a long trip will go as long as 700 to 720 km on a 42, 43 litres tank of gas. Or about 6.25 l./ 100km ( 37.63 miles per gallon ).

At the max, driving with lots of hard accelerations and mainly city driving, it gets as bad as 10.5 l./ 100km ( 22.40 miles per gallon ).

I typically get around 7.5 l./ 100km ( 31.36 miles per gallon )on a year round basis. This is from seven and a half years of looking up fuel consumption numbers, to get a heads up of a potential problem... and by curiosity.

I don't drive as hard as I used to and I guess the 2.0l DOHC engine in there is pretty good, more than expected when I bought it. :)

** edit. For US members and everybody's benefit,I used Google's calculator to convert the numbers. **

Roman said:
...if you cann it all day
Huh ? Not sure what you mean by that ? :huh:

But here goes:

My Neon on a long trip will go as long as 700 to 720 km on a 42, 43 litres tank of gas. Or about 6.25 l./ 100km.

At the max, driving with lots of hard accelerations and mainly city driving, it gets as bad as 10.5 l./ 100km.

I typically get around 7.5 l./ 100km on a year round basis.

I don't drive as hard as I used to and I guess the 2.0l DOHC engine in there is pretty good, more than expected when I bought it. :)

I think that's continuous hard driving. the km/L Jostyrostelli quoted is a bit confusing, but I managed to convert it to L/100km. I thought only the Americans measured how far they can go on a certain Volume of fuel (miles per gallon), whereas the rest of the world measures how much it uses in a fixed distance (L per 100km)?

Depends how I use it.
If I drive a lot of long streches of highway (which is rare), I can get around 24mpg.
Usually it's about 15-16mpg though. :evil:

my 240sx gets about 27 mpg on the highway which is pretty shitty for a 4 banger.
my old car (nissan 200sx aka 2 door sentra) got extremely good fuel economy but was sooooo slow. it got over 40 mpg highway.

patrick10 said:
my 240sx gets about 27 mpg on the highway which is pretty shitty for a 4 banger.
my old car (nissan 200sx aka 2 door sentra) got extremely good fuel economy but was sooooo slow. it got over 40 mpg highway.

My dad used to have a stock 200sx that would do around 120 mph, which seemed quite fast for that type of car. I don't think it got 40 mpg on the highway though, are you sure about that number? Sounds almost like a diesel :) Maybe that's driving like jeremy drove that Audi....

My wife has a Toyota Sienna that gets 35mpg on the highway and that's reeally good for a minivan.

i have an american 200sx. it has a 1.6 L I4. its fwd. it looks like this but in red.

2110262.jpg

ahh, my dad's was a late 80s model, also US (I'm from Michigan). It was a zippy little car for what it was.

As much as 30 mpg on the highway, as low as 14 during the winter and hard driving :)

heh, I get about 15mpg with normal city driving, and 20 or so with highway driving, pretty much year round. Oh well, I guess thats what happens when you drive a truck :-\

Just worked out my car's: 16mpg - ouch. Pretty poor for a 4-cylinder lightweight Landy with about 40hp. :?

If anybody's got any advice on how to save petrol I'm all ears! :lol:

Oh BTW, I used UK gallons, not US gallons in working it out.

Renesis said:
No car, no fuel 8)
same here :?
my bicycle consumes 1pair of jeans every month + a couple of kilograms of washing powder to get rid of the oil stains :lol: :lol: :lol:

With my occasional agressive flooring, i do 10L/100km on my 1.6 suzuki vitara ('96)

I usually get pretty good economy with my Altima, around 25mpg under normal driving on the highway at 80mph, a bit less if I'm givin' in some stick but, I don't too that too often. ;)

What really annoys me is soccer moms in their big SUVs flogging the 95mph limiter all the time, while I'm driving relatively conservatively. Completely unsafe if they needed to make a quick manuveur, and very wasteful of the petrol resources especially the V8 SUVs.

My truck gets about 12mpg in the city, and about 18 on a long trip.