How old were you when you first tried alcohol?

el_maggot

The title says it,for medicinal/personal reasons,whatever,how old were you?I was 4 apparently,and even got drunk at that age,my mum told me I'd finish half empty cans of Heinekin which were lying around after parties at our place.. 8) :lol:

A couple of sips now and then, but my first complete beers must have been at around 14-15. Quite late indeed, but my parents were quite strict and I didn't have the need to neither.
But I've made up my loss in the meantime ;-)

when I first tried it ... I really don't remember, unless my parents must have given me some wine before I was 3, then 3 was the age I first drank alcohol. It is a known practise in Romania (my former residence) to dip a baby's pacifier in wine to make them calm down or put them to bed easier, so I might have had a taste of it before that, I never asked them, not that it matters. Wine is also known to be beneficial to your health in Romania, so drinking it is just like drinking a soft drink after a meal.

I first got drunk at my fifth birthday when I first tried vodka, courtesy of my grandfather, and now I can outdrink about everyone I know without problems. But I refrain from drinking in general because I'm health-minded, and when I do, it's in small quantities, being drunk isn't really all that fun, it's just an illusion of euforia, so at parties I'd rather dance with all the hot girls on the dancefloor.

You can outdrink anybody without practice? I don't believe that :). Except if you weigh like 150 kg.

Whats with Russians and vodka?It's like every Russian has to drink it,and it doesn't even taste that good..:?

You can outdrink anybody without practice? I don't believe that :). Except if you weigh like 150 kg.
No, I've had practise in the past, the decision to hold back from drinking came about 1 year ago. :rolleyes: Also, I know how to drink it and how to prepare before drinking in order to keep more alcohol in.
Whats with Russians and vodka?It's like every Russian has to drink it,and it doesn't even taste that good..:?
I don't know about russians, maybe because it's a national drink, I'm not russian so I wouldn't know ... and vodka by itself isn't all that bad, tastes better when mixed with something else though ... and in cocktails.

Last edited:
"Daddy, what is that?"
"It's beer, son."
"What's beer?"
"It's a very naughty drink that you shouldn't touch, but it's ok for us grown-ups to enjoy."
"Can I try some?"
"Haha, no silly!"
"Can I try some?"
"Haha, no!"
Can I try some?"
"No!"
"Can I try some?"
"NO!"
"Can I try some?"
"Well...I suppose a little sip wouldn't hurt. Haha!"

I was 8.

Culture. They drink vodka like cola.

My first beer was at the age of 12, at a vacation in Oslo with my cousins. Tasted bad.

First time drunk, I was 15, at a party at a friend, got hold of some moonshine, 50-60 %, both with coffee, cola, juice and milk(!).

Got quite drunk. Was damned good fun. No moralising about moonshine at my age, it's totally normal in Norway. Especially since getting hold of beer might be hard, while moonshine is as easy to get ahold of as soda.

21, actually. Of course now I'm a wine fiend, but I also enjoy a good beer.

My mum used to give me a small drip of whisky to put me to sleep when I was a baby. First proper drink was about 10, first time getting drunk was 14.

I think my moms breast milk was vodka tonics or more or less White Russians

"Daddy, what is that?"
"It's beer, son."
"What's beer?"
"It's a very naughty drink that you shouldn't touch, but it's ok for us grown-ups to enjoy."
"Can I try some?"
"Haha, no silly!"
"Can I try some?"
"Haha, no!"
Can I try some?"
"No!"
"Can I try some?"
"NO!"
"Can I try some?"
"Well...I suppose a little sip wouldn't hurt. Haha!"

I was 8.

Oh yeah, that brings me back too. Only I didn't have to insist so much, my grandfather was into having a bit of fun that day.

BTW, you forgot the part about "Can I have some more?":lol:

Your not supposed to taste vodka...its not something you twirl around in your hand, stick up to your nose, smell it and the after 5min of holding it in your hand you sip it. You pour it in your mouth and swallow.

BTW, never got pissed, never planned to get pissed. First sip was a long time ago...way back in the womb... but officially about the age of 11

Just proof of how much the Russians enjoy their vodka...:p

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dm3luZNWg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
russians love thier alcohol, all the guys at work have a preference, not all of it is vodka. There are some interesting stories about the lengths people went to for alcohol under soviet rule as well, like extracting it from perfume and shit. crazy russkies.

I never liked the taste of beer at all. However, I drank quite a bit in my high school days since it was the cool thing to do (how lame). Now, I prefer to be sober.