How old were you when you first tried alcohol?

I love beer, a whole lot. Mostly dark beer, like very dark beer. I've been drinking stuff darker that guinness if you can believe that, but I'm not ever out to get wasted, I just like beer.

I never had a drop of alcohol until I got to college when I was 18. I soon joined a fraternity and fun times ensued. :) I love the stuff now. You only live once. If you don't enjoy it now, when will you?

Funny story about our ridiculously high drinking age. I was at a party in high school and there were these two German exchange students there. (They were either 16 or 17.) I guess they didn't know about the much higher drinking age here. They soon found out about it when the converstation moved to alcohol and realized they couldn't buy their own as long as they were in the country. (They had just gotten here a few weeks before and were here for a year.) The looks on their faces were priceless! :lol:

yeah the 21 thing is a pretty stupid. I mean, how can someone be able to vote and go to war for thier country not be allowed to have a beer? it's stupid. Soldiers who have served multiple tours of duty in service of thier country have been given MIP(minor in possession) tickets while having a drink with friends on leave. how stupid is that shit?

...but I'm not ever out to get wasted, I just like beer.

Same here. It takes me about 10 days to go through a six pack of Newcastle, It has taken me 2 years (!) to go through a bottle of Disaronno. I like to drink alcohol and appreciate the taste, not to see how fucked up I can get. Those days are well past me.

First time I tasted alcohol was when I was 13. My family and relatives aren't drinkers at all. Hell, I drink 2 pints and I am seriously buzzed.

^^ ever put your Amaretto in your beer now thats good. Might turn you into a drunk though.

the first time i had beer was around maybe 13 when my dad started homebrewing. i got to like it pretty early which saved me alot of crap in highschool since i wouldn't drink the horse piss my friends would get. now i only really drink at parties or conventions

I dunno, probably 13 at the beginning of high school. Reasonably on time over here. I don't like alcohol that much though. I'm not much of a drinker but *and this sounds sad* - you kinda need to drink to fit in! You can't not drink. So I drink, but not a lot.

14. I love a good beer. I also like a good opportunity to enjoy many good beers. Like this Friday, Australia Day! :)

I probably had my first sip around 10, and had a glass of wine at 12 with my parents. I got drunk a few times at 14 during summer holidays. It wasn't difficult at all to buy alcohol in supermarkets in France, maybe it's harder now. Legally you have to be 16 to buy/drink alcohol.

It's freaking stupid to forbid alcohol before 21.

I dunno, probably 13 at the beginning of high school. Reasonably on time over here. I don't like alcohol that much though. I'm not much of a drinker but *and this sounds sad* - you kinda need to drink to fit in! You can't not drink. So I drink, but not a lot.

Sad? It's only normal 8) You don't have to get drunk off course, but a couple of alcoholic beverages gets the conversation flowing, especially with people you see on a regular basis.
And if you want to have a great time, drink some more, and if you want to have an even greater time and don't have to get up early, drink a lot more :mrgreen:

19 or 20, I was in college.

I drink occasionally now, but not beer (can't stand the taste). Mostly Mike's Hard Lemonade (good stuff and is as hard as beer).

Only problem is that alcoholic lemonade isn't exactly considered a manly drink ;-) At least not over here, where the only people drinking it and not being ashamed of it are pubers of 15 who didn't learn to drink beer yet and still want to get drunk, and not too bright, slutty young girls.

Only problem is that alcoholic lemonade isn't exactly considered a manly drink ;-)

Yeah, I know, but it just tastes so good. :( I mean why should I have to drink something bitter, horrid tasting, and horrid smelling just so I can be seen drinking a "manly" drink? Fuck that.

And I drink other stuff. Screwdrivers for example are one of my favorites.

I do like a cocktail once in a while but its so damn expensive. If I can get two strong beers for 1 cocktail I don't have to choose long :)

Cocktails are nice when you're in a Mexican all-inclusive hotel. For home use it's just too much work when i can just grab a bottle of wine or beer (whichever i feel like) and be done with.

And back OT:
I was about 6 when i had my first taste of beer, dunno anymore if i liked or not, but it didn't take very long for me to learn to appreciate it, especially non-pilsner beers (pilsner == piss). First time really really drunk was on holiday in france, when me and 2 nice girls i met there sampled the local wines at a local cafe. We were up all night puking in adjacent stalls in the toilets :mrgreen:. It was also the fisrt time i drank wine, and the liking stuck :)