How optimistic is your speedo?

After 10 seconds and the speedo not moving I think I may have reached the point where my luggage rack is causing too much drag to even get to 105mph. :mad: Damn I wanted to top it out tonight too. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 65
I tried to reach 120 tonight and only got to this before traffic forced me to slow down. :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_1739-2.JPG
    IMG_1739-2.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 62
mine's pessimistic... it goes to 220 but I have had the car at 230, the needle just keeps climbing

with regards to the speed difference between the speedo and real life (measured by GPS), that is 4km/hr exactly... doesn't matter if i'm doing 50,100 or 150 kph, the speedo will add 4 kph to the actual number

I have 160mph on my A4 dial, but Ive actually buried the needle past that already. :mrgreen:

But then again thats mostly due to the small tactical nuke strapped to my motor. On the stock turbocharger the car would struggle to go up to 140mph.

Last edited:
Mines a little optimistic, but not too bad, speedo goes up 260 kph, aka 161 mph, and the top speed is 236 kph, aka 147 mph, not too bad for a car almost weighing 2 ton.

As for accuracy, I've checked with my GPS a few times, and despite being a little bit under, it's pretty bang on. :)

Civic: Speedo says 120 max, probably tops out at a tad under a 100.

Pretty accurate compared to a standard tomtom gps.

260km/h, top speed is 244km/h. If I get it chipped and remove the limiter, it'll surpass it.

I've gotta get GPS verification on in, because I swear when I'm doing 60km/h indicated, I'm actually doing 55km/h. I've got it in for the lazy wankers who did my wheels, that they've screwed up the calibration or something.

Last edited:
Mines a little optimistic, but not too bad, speedo goes up 260 kph, aka 161 mph, and the top speed is 236 kph, aka 147 mph, not too bad for a car almost weighing 2 ton.

As for accuracy, I've checked with my GPS a few times, and despite being a little bit under, it's pretty bang on. :)

Actually, weight is of no relevance to the top speed, just power and drag.

After running through several fixed radar readouts I have decided that my motorcycle speedo is about 5 mph faster than my actual speed.

220kmph on the 190E (2.3L-L4) and I've done 220kmph
160mph on the Jag (5.3L-V12), and I'm sure she'll do 160+mph, but i havent had a chance to open her out

So my speedos are more pessimistic than optimistic

Well, this is the speedo, but I've only had it up to 210 (stopped climbing), so I guess unless I add some forced induction, that's the top speed:

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/05/31/interior_-_instrument_panel.jpg

My speedo leaves the max speed as an unknown, it all comes with having a stock digital unit. I guess one could say my speedo is extremely optimistic since its limit less except maybe anything more than 999 mph.

The Integra's stock USDM speedometer reads to 150, but mine has a Japanese-spec speedo that only reads to 190 kph. I've had the car up to 125 mph back when it was stock, and a buddy of mine took it to nearly 140. Now that the motor is making more power...I have no idea where it would top out.

Mercedes speedo goes to 160, I'm not sure what the top speed is, but at an indicated 120 the GPS reads 119.

At 80 GPS reads 79.

At 70 GPS reads 68.

So fairly accurate and unambitious I would say.