How playable will this be as a casual/occasional player?

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
I have very little time to play (maybe an hour or two a week most weeks and 6-8 contiguous hours every two/three months), but I'm totally intrigued by the game. Would it be crazy to try to play that amount?

Does it have a monthly fee?

I haven't been having much success getting real information from their site. Is there a better place to get actual info rather than in-world story stuff?

I have very little time to play (maybe an hour or two a week most weeks and 6-8 contiguous hours every two/three months), but I'm totally intrigued by the game. Would it be crazy to try to play that amount?

No, we (our guild) will support you if you feel the progression is too slow, plus the game isn't going to be balanced towards grinding, it's going to be balanced towards skill. Meaning you won't be at a disadvantage if you just play causally.

Does it have a monthly fee?

At current no, there are no plans to implement a subscription.

I haven't been having much success getting real information from their site. Is there a better place to get actual info rather than in-world story stuff?

Unfortunately no, not really. The project is a little daunting to new comers, in that it can be a little bit of information overload. We'll be happy to answer specific questions, etc, but as far as a website with a "concise explanation of what SC is" you're kinda out of luck.

IT will be completely skilled based and the main focus will be on you in a first person view. You don't have to be in a huge guild to accomplish anything so you can go on on your own if you wish. There will also be a single player campaign (Squadron 42) and you can setup your own server if you wish.

So I'm thinking it's worth getting at least the Scout package, but then the subreddit said something about perpetual insurance and sending people money and now I'm even more confused. I guess the earliest people to pledge got perpetual insurance and so if I send one of you folks money and you buy and give me the ship it I get that too? Is that right? Also, am I crazy for only getting the lowest package? I don't think I can really justify spending $65+ on this endeavor.

..and so if I send one of you folks money and you buy and give me the ship it I get that too? Is that right? Also, am I crazy for only getting the lowest package? I don't think I can really justify spending $65+ on this endeavor.

- Yes, several of the people here can buy you the packages with the lifetime insurance (iirc Zedestructor, NightKhaos, Loose_Unit, not sure about Adrian)
- No, you are not. I am in the same spot and can't see myself go beyond the $65 package as of right now

- Yes, several of the people here can buy you the packages with the lifetime insurance (iirc Zedestructor, NightKhaos, Loose_Unit, not sure about Adrian)

Yup, I can get you LTI, and currently we are trying to get me to Concierge :) So if you are going to get something, try and go through me! :D

So I do the "Shut up and take my money" option and then paypal you how much?

Not even. Just straight PayPal will do. You just need an account of some description to recieve "gifts"

No! No! No!

You need to have PLEDGED something to recieve gifts.

I had to get my friends backer date modified to before a stretch goal because of this.