How some internet pirates became reformed, law abiding members of society

Amazon now has Top Gear the day after it airs!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SJQYCV0/ref=dv_dp_ep3

If I knew for 100% certain that it wasn't the "edited for US" version, then I would do that. I've found that the broadcast for BBC America, or the episodes you can buy from iTunes or Amazon are changed slightly with the music choice. I understand why they would have to do that, but for me, it ruins the episode. TopGear pays very close attention to picking the music to go with the emotion or feel of a certain scene.

If I knew for 100% certain that it wasn't the "edited for US" version, then I would do that. I've found that the broadcast for BBC America, or the episodes you can buy from iTunes or Amazon are changed slightly with the music choice. I understand why they would have to do that, but for me, it ruins the episode. TopGear pays very close attention to picking the music to go with the emotion or feel of a certain scene.

Exactly this. There's only one way to be sure you're getting the genuine article.

They're changed a lot more than the music. There's 15 minutes or more missing from each episode for commercials.

They're changed a lot more than the music. There's 15 minutes or more missing from each episode for commercials.

It's amazing how they keep getting it wrong. I'd pay for a full quality, non cut version with the right music but if they choose to not do that then they choose to not have me as a customer, so instead I'll grab it off the net within 2 hours after airing.

I have the iPlayer app (Canada), and all that's currently on there for Top Gear (and all that I've ever seen on there for TG) is series 10. The 50 minute edited episodes. While that probably is my favourite series, I don't see spending $6.99/mth to watch those 9 episodes over and over, especially when it's most likely the same edits from the DVDs, which I already own.

Only up to season 20 is included with Amazon Prime. Oh well.

Well, it says the runtime is 1 hour 0 minutes.
However, that could mean anything - especially considering that the Specials are much longer than 60 mins...