How to bypass a vBulletin ban (HardOCP forum)

awdrifter

I just registered there but got banned for no reason, it even says there's "no reason specified". I want to try registering again. I already deleted the two cookies on my temp folder, but I still get the banned message. I only got banned once before by the bitches at GTPlanet, unless they are the same people, I really don't see a reason for my account to get banned. Maybe they just accidentally banned me. Please help. Thanks.

http://img410.imageshack.**/img410/2421/73429088.jpg

Maybe they banned you by IP?

Thanks for the suggestions. Just tried it with Firefox, it works. So I think it's some kind of hidden tracking cookie on IE.

I only got banned once before by the bitches at GTPlanet.
GTPlanet is one of the best-moderated places I know. You don't get banned there for no reason.

Well, I post on 10+ forums and frequent about 5 forums, that's the only place that have ever banned me (well, till now with HardOCP). GTP is good if you just kiss up to the mods. I got banned because in one of the drifting video competition I beat a guy on the mod's team. He cried to the mods, the mods said I was cheating based on one person always voted for me, and that was that.

Yea same IP, I re-registered with FF, let's hope I don't get banned again. lol.

Well, I post on 10+ forums and frequent about 5 forums, that's the only place that have ever banned me (well, till now with HardOCP). GTP is good if you just kiss up to the mods. I got banned because in one of the drifting video competition I beat a guy on the mod's team. He cried to the mods, the mods said I was cheating based on one person always voted for me, and that was that.
Sorry, but from the top of my head I can claim BS on that. If I have ever met a bunch of fair mods, they're on GTPlanet.

Can you find the thread(s) where this has happened? And what was your username on GTP?

Last edited:
If I have ever met a bunch of fair mods, they're on GTPlanet.

So you are saying Finalgear mods are unfair?

/me tells them :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but from the top of my head I can claim BS on that. If I have ever met a bunch of fair mods, they're on GTPlanet.

Can you find the thread(s) where this has happened? And what was your username on GTP?

My user name is awdrifter on GTPlanet, it's from a few years ago, I think they re-assigned my username now, cuz I just tried searching for awdrifter on GTP and there's a user AWDrifter, but that's not my account.

My user name is awdrifter on GTPlanet, it's from a few years ago, I think they re-assigned my username now, cuz I just tried searching for awdrifter on GTP and there's a user AWDrifter, but that's not my account.
Well, the banned user log only started in September '05, and you're not in there, so it must have happened pretty long ago. Nevertheless, the thread(s) with the discussion(s) your ban was based on still have to be there.

Well, the banned user log only started in September '05, and you're not in there, so it must have happened pretty long ago. Nevertheless, the thread(s) with the discussion(s) your ban was based on still have to be there.

It's probably before 05 then, it's a long time ago. Sounds like you're a mod or a friend of a mod of GTP, anyways, I didn't mean to offend your (or your friend).

Last edited:
It's probably before 05 then, it's a long time ago. Sounds like you're a mod or a friend of a mod of GTP, anyways, I didn't mean to offend your (or your friend).
I'm neither a GTP mod, nor do I know anyone of them closer than any other member there. It's just that in my five years of membership, I have not seen a single case where a ban happened unjustified. I've often seen the members in question complaining, saying that they're being treadted unfairly. Yet, it always turned out that the mods acted very fairly and thoroughly looked into every single case before they made the decision. Therefore, I'd just like to see your story. Of course you don't have to answer to me or anyone for that matter, I'd just like to read what has happened.

GTP is - in a positive way - a tightly moderated place. Stick to the rules (which isn't that hard really) and you'll get along just fine, stir up the place and you are in trouble. Everybody is given more than once chance to get along. I've never experienced the place any different, and I would very much wonder if it happened to you.

You should e-mail an admin about it. A while back I really bagged on two of the admins cars in the auto section, not knowing they were their cars, and didn't get banned.

So, e-mail an admin, something probably got messed up. Which, they either banned your IP which sucks if you have a static IP, or they banned the range your ISP is using. Which brings up other possibilities why you were banned. If you need me to I can try and get the admin e-mail for you.

I'm fine with a new account on HardOCP now, and I'm not going back to GTP. But thanks for the suggestion.

If you want to get off the banned account (they remove the logout button), just open the cookies in firefox and search for all of the ones from the site.

Worked for me on halo3forum.

I believe vBulletin has some kind of hidden cookies feature. I'm still logged-in/banned on one browser but it's definitely not an IP ban because if I switch to another browser I can view the forums just fine. I searched sjgames and deleted its cookies (also checked warehouse23 there were none) but still was logged in.

I'm wondering if there is some means of searching forum source code to detect other login-related cookies it implants.