How to disable electronic aids in a Corsa C

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
Thread says it all...

A friend wants to take his car to Auto X, but doesnt have an ESP button in the car. Does anyone know how/sources where I can find how to?

Thanks in advance!

Horray! I get to say "see if there's an ESP fuse and remove it" first! :D

use a big hammer??

*runs away*

I think it's worth emphasizing that if the relay does include ABS on that circuit, it will disable the ABS as well.

Are you sure it has ESP and TC? Only one way to find it out..... The 1.8l Corsa Cs definitely have it.

However, if you DO have it, you can NOT disable it in the corsa c. Congratulations. There is no way to switch it of, no button and no software hack. If you pull the fuse the car will switch to "Notlaufprogramm", i.e. emergency ECU settings with less power etc etc etc.

Yeah tampering with it will probably put it into limp home mode so it'll be no good to anyone

Just my 2p, but why does he want to auto-x in a Corsa C anyway? For a car to be ragged about, they're relatively expensive for not much gain. I just can't help but think he's fighting a losing battle, and if he wants to be remotely competitive, he'll need money to modify it...money which could be better spent on a decent platform car in the first place. I know of MX5s selling for ?600, which are competitive even in standard form. For that kind of money, he could keep the Corsa as a DD, and tow the MX5 to the event (avoiding road tax, MOT etc).

Thanks for all the input guys, matter of fact, I dont even know if a Corsa 1.2 Twinport has ESP or TC, as it produces a puny 75hp. That said, the guy is just curious whether it is at all possible...

Just my 2p, but why does he want to auto-x in a Corsa C anyway? For a car to be ragged about, they're relatively expensive for not much gain. .

What we call Autotesting, is called Autocross or AutoX elsewhere. I suspect this is why he wants to disable the traction control and ABS!

For those of you who are not from the UK, What we call AutoCross is also called grass tracking, and is a very different sport to Autotesting.

But we have autocross/solo events in the UK too? They're essentially like trackdays, but with a points-scoring system. 'MazdaOnTrack' are currently holding a series.

Autosolo = Autotest with no reversing, Effectively a short sprint.
Autocross = Grass track racing/sprinting. Don't use an expensive car.