How to fix broken image links from Photobucket in threads?

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S, '08 X5 3.0D
Apologies if I've missed this being asked before, I tried searching various sub-forums.

The photos in my PYC thread have been borked by photobucket, so I'm wondering how I can update the thread with links to the images now hosted elsewhere.

As far as i know, the only way is to go through post by post and edit your post... if you still can.

Nope. Can't edit that far back.

I know on another forum, some of the mods have started accepting PM's with new links to edit into threads whenever they get time. Or perhaps there is some way that permissions could be set to go back and do it ourselves for a certain timeframe, if the mods don't want to be bothered (I know it's a lot of work).

My tip: Quote all your posts in questions so you have the full text with all tags, edit links, and then PM a mod, or.. like just by default Adu :p, and provide him with the full new text for each post in a code-quote (or something that keeps the tags) with a link to the adequate directlink. That should put most of the work into your hands and only the minimum into the mods.

Do as thomas said and pm me :)

My tip: Quote all your posts in questions so you have the full text with all tags, edit links, and then PM a mod, or.. like just by default Adu :p, and provide him with the full new text for each post in a code-quote (or something that keeps the tags) with a link to the adequate directlink. That should put most of the work into your hands and only the minimum into the mods.

Do as thomas said and pm me :)

I'll get onto it, and get back to you. Thanks!

Become a mod. Or pay Photobucket $400. Ha!