How to get rid of old car mags?

Gingertom

Car(s)
'04 Skoda Octavia vRS
So, I've been reading car magazines since I was about 10 and subscribing since I was about 12. As you can imagine I've built up quite a collection since then and because I'm a journalist (at least that's what the certificate on my wall says!) I can't bring myself to simply throw them in the bin!

I've managed to whittle it down to about half that I want to keep and half that I want to get rid of. The majority are Autocar magazines from 2002-present, with around 30 Top Gears and 10-15 F1 Racings and Autosports from around the same period.

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/6651/img0117vdq.jpg

So the question is: Does anyone know a good way of getting rid of these apart from throwing them away, recycling them or burning them? Or does anyone want one/some/all of them? I'm not bothered about making money by selling them, (they're not really worth anything anyway) so I've already ruled out eBay.

Please advise me! :D

Nice idea, I hadn't considered that. Definitely worth looking into, thanks. :)

No problem. I remember as a teenager I'd go to Gardner's Books on Mingo in Tulsa and look for magazines that featured my current car at the time, a 1986 Acura Integra.

I'd have those F1/Autosport mags... :p Not kidding actually, really. You think we could arrange something?

Donate a dozen or two to your local dentist/doctor's, at least the patients will have some decent reading, other than Good Homes 1996

Donate to a local library?

Definitely worth a try too.

I'd have those F1/Autosport mags... :p Not kidding actually, really. You think we could arrange something?

Sure. I've just counted them properly and there's 21 Autosports and 8 F1 Racings; all from about 2005 to 2012. I've no idea what the postage would cost though, they're not exactly light! :lol:

Do you have any classic car magazines? :)

No, sorry. Only that 1 you can see on the top of the pile.

Donate a dozen or two to your local dentist/doctor's, at least the patients will have some decent reading, other than Good Homes 1996

Might be worth a try. Although, I think my dentist already has a collection of a similar age already! :lol:

Would you be a dear and find out what kind of postage we're talking here? Standard delivery to Slovenia, no rush involved. I love reading this kind of material, especially if it's from my favourite time in F1 (dem V10s baby).

I used to have a large TG mag collection from about '98 and considered 'selling' them individually for basically postage costs to anyone that wanted a specific mag from a certain date. I'm sure there are a few people on FG that would want that - I'm sure I'd want to read the April '92 editions :p

Unfortunately my parents threw out all of them while I was out because I hadn't told them my plan :(

I used to have a large TG mag collection from about '98 and considered 'selling' them individually for basically postage costs to anyone that wanted a specific mag from a certain date. I'm sure there are a few people on FG that would want that - I'm sure I'd want to read the April '92 editions :p

Unfortunately my parents threw out all of them while I was out because I hadn't told them my plan :(

My parents did the same with my stacks of Practical Classics, had several years worth under my bed. :(