How to succesfully translate Top Gear into Russian.

You have to be a millionare to afford a Mondeo ST220 4 door saloon

?24,450 Pound Sterling
1,256,643.41 Russian Rubles

Holy shit that guys voice is awesome. I want to see more top gear with this voiceover work.

lol that dude sounds well rough

years of vodka abuse have probably burnt his voice box to hell

lol that dude sounds well rough

years of vodka abuse have probably burnt his voice box to hell

Nah, it's from years of stealing petrol (by sucking on a hose) from his neighbour's Moskvitch

Nah, it's from years of stealing petrol (by sucking on a hose) from his neighbour's Moskvitch

I'd imagine stealin petrol from a Moskvitch never was a very clever ting to do. ;)

Puts on James Bond Russian accent

"In Tonagghts show, Comrade Hammondski tezts dei new MigEngenPowvernveikel, witz de intervesting results!"

"An on tat Americka bound bombshell...."

"and remember, in Soviet Russia Top Gear watches YOU!!!"

Last edited:
I imagine a lot of humor is lost in the translation.

Must crush capitalism grrr........

I am Russian and I understood everything he said. It's funny cause he called the Vectra an Opel (maybe they have Opel instead of Vauxhall in Russia too) and he used US dollars instead of pounds. In the original clip Jeremy says it costs 21000 pounds and the Russian guy said $41000 (thanks to XE.com)

Last edited:
I imagine a lot of humor is lost in the translation.

No most of the humour is still there; I can tell by the expression in his voice.

Double post

This voice always translate Jeremy on our tv-chanel where we see TopGear, and i want say that its good voice.

This voice always translate Jeremy on our tv-chanel where we see TopGear, and i want say that its good voice.

i dont think any voice over man could muster the comic pitch change as well as jeremy does at the end of all his sentences lol

Jokes are there, don't worry :)
Problem is, he does all the rest voices too :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqH4YmSVYk[/youtube]

Yeah, it's just like listening to Polish redubs of films. One guy does all the voices, and no matter what the emotion in the scene, the guy uses the same deadpan voice.:lol:

Yeah, it's just like listening to Polish redubs of films. One guy does all the voices, and no matter what the emotion in the scene, the guy uses the same deadpan voice.:lol:

I saw that! Disgusting!