• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

how to uncap adsl connection

dathrilla

Active Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
232
hey i just wanted to know if it is poosible in any way to "uncap" an adsl connection? my connection is a 768/128 adsl...many thanks in advance
 
No, that is controlled by the head end at the telephone company office. Talk of doing stuff like that is illegal, and im sure that viper doesn't appreciate things that draw negative attention to his site.
 
dathrilla said:
yeah well, usin bittorrent isnt that legal either

using bittorrent is perfectly legal. The content downloaded may be of questionable legality (top gear certainly isnt, since its owned by the BBC, which is a public broadcaster), but using bittorrent is not illegal in and of itself.
 
Hes right, adsl isn't limited by your modem like a cable connection is (or was only the upload limited on your cable connection?)

People used to hack the cable modems, but that was a few years ago, now the cable companies are alot smarter.
 
sure it is

although the files might not be (but topgear is)
 
hokiethang said:
dathrilla said:
yeah well, usin bittorrent isnt that legal either

using bittorrent is perfectly legal. The content downloaded may be of questionable legality (top gear certainly isnt, since its owned by the BBC, which is a public broadcaster), but using bittorrent is not illegal in and of itself.

Downloading topgear episodes off this site is illeagal, no question about it..
 
Kip_6666 said:
hokiethang said:
dathrilla said:
yeah well, usin bittorrent isnt that legal either

using bittorrent is perfectly legal. The content downloaded may be of questionable legality (top gear certainly isnt, since its owned by the BBC, which is a public broadcaster), but using bittorrent is not illegal in and of itself.

Downloading topgear episodes off this site is illeagal, no question about it..

Actually downloading topgear is not unquestionably illegal. TopGear is a television show produced by a publicly funded broadcaster. Therefore the public has ownership of the video, and the video is therefore public domain. It is legal to download public domain video off the internet. FifthGear is a different story, as it is produced by a privately held commercial television company.
 
Well, its not public. You still have to pay what is called a licence fee to the bbc. It is complicated..


This kinda sums it up:

The names, images and logos identifying the BBC, BBC Worldwide or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited, or any other third party.

This site isn't exactly the bbc is it?
 
yeah...fox,nbc,abc are all broadcasted on public tv...is downloading the programs on it legal?? No.
 
Kip_6666 said:
Well, its not public. You still have to pay what is called a licence fee to the bbc. It is complicated..


This kinda sums it up:

The names, images and logos identifying the BBC, BBC Worldwide or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited, or any other third party.

This site isn't exactly the bbc is it?

Yeah, he is right... Downloading TV rips of other series isn't legal either... The only place where it would be legal is, I guess, the UK... They are paying for the BBC...

BTW: I LOVE your Sig...
 
I'm pretty sure its not totaly legal, thus illeagal. But i do honestly believe the bbc would be the last corporation to try and take action against a site like this (touch wood).
I'm pretty sure they're aware of the site, but hopefully they're viewing this as a cheap experiment for future means of getting shows across to the public.
They're pretty advanced on useing internet services compared to other channels.



ps, ty for the compliment on my sig (u did mean me hopefully?), i made it myself :p

And i'm not a total photoshop noob if anyone is wondering. I can make neat stuff.

Heres some work from a few months ago:
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/6771/testedchoice.jpg
 
It's grey area. Technically illegal as I am redistributing, but I'm hoping they won't care as I'm making 0 profit off this site.

As for ADSL, you can't. As said, it's controlled at the ISP, not your end.
 
Yeah, I meant you!
Its really funny!

I guess, regarding the BBC "we" (meaning viper) are pretty safe... They don't have comercials during the show, so they don't loose viewers...
20,000 people downloading a show that has up to 4,000,000 viewers are nothing anyway... well 0,005%, to be scientific correct

Buba
 
Viper007Bond said:
It's grey area. Technically illegal as I am redistributing, but I'm hoping they won't care as I'm making 0 profit off this site.

As for ADSL, you can't. As said, it's controlled at the ISP, not your end.

I stand corrected. I thought since it is public domain (at least in a content means) that it was free to be re-distributed, like PBS shows here in the states.
 
aren't abc,nbc,fox all public domains???all being public, its still against the law to put their shows on the web
 
dathrilla said:
aren't abc,nbc,fox all public domains???all being public, its still against the law to put their shows on the web

No. ABC, NBC and Fox are not public domain, they are commercial television stations. Public Television is usually the crappy stuff that no one wants to watch, but is still paid for by tax money. Tax money does not pay for ABC, NBC and FOX, thats what advertiser dollars do. Since taxpayer dollars are used for things like PBS, those shows are public domain, since those who would be using it would have been the ones paying for its creation.
 
not sure if is been mentioned but, in the uk u need to pay TV liecense to watch tv so maybe we walking on something there
 
To watch BBC, this is true. ITV1, Channel 4 and five are all free though as are some other non-terrestrial channels.
 
Top