How Top Gear should end?

If TopGear was a real car show, it could go on forever. But the show is more of a sitcom nowadays and it's already getting stale. All the great ideas they've had over the years have been reused and rehashed so many times, it's lost it's appeal. If they tone things down a bit, try and focus more on cars and less on trying to create unique challenges and scripted jokes/situations, it would last quite a bit longer and still be great.

The boys not wanting to take public transportation or drive something communist are left in Siberia walking. Or screw it and have a big send off: James slapping a line of womens asses, Jeremy drives through Parliament nude, Richard throwing rocks at the elderly from a scooter, all of them in rhinestone jumpsuits waving and singing from the sound of music.

I'm with you on that TomCat. They could go back to the roots and make the new series more like the earlier series, like season 3-9.
At least review more cars. The last few series they have only reviewed the odd car here and there, for some reason.

The autoblog article is a nice hook to start another of this threads, but still, it's as useful as an asshole on the elbow.

:lol:

kurthest said:
Well it will be sad for Hammond at least, since he is rubbish in the other shows he has presented.

Your opinion, not mine.

Anyhoo...

Even though this has been asked before, I don't believe I've ever answered this for myself. I would rather it end (preferably with all three of them still presenting) than have it go on forever and plummet into obscurity. Besides, if I want to revisit any older episodes, I can. :nod:

I like Brother Michael's idea for how TG should end. I would add, though, that--somewhere in the final roadtrip--I'd love to see them all do at least one lap around the Nurburgring. :nod:

They should fire Hammond for suggesting that they not have a show anymore, then realize that without him the show won't be quite the same, and then just yell cut and fade to black :lol: 5-10 minutes total

I think JC would need to be the one to lead us out, and something along the lines of his Aston V12 Vantage piece, but written to reflect the fun they've had, would be a good way to call it a show.

Explosions, punctuated by a piano drop onto whatever's left.

Black Stig comes back from nowhere and challenges White Stig to a race. They crash and then the whole universe explodes.

It will end with something like the Vantage review - that is why I was so worried, they are not sentimental at all - you will not know when it ends. It just will.

I've got two ideas:

1) Exploding pianos dropped onto exploding Marinas driven by exploding Scotsmen (wait, I think Monty Python did that last bit)

2) Obviously, test-driving a Ferrari on the moon. With explosions. And massive powersliding. Followed by more explosions.

And everything on fire

This just reminds me of the fake ad in the Big Book of Top Gear for "Jeremy Clarkson: Everything's on Fire"

He needs to make that. I'd totally buy it.

Meanwhile, back on topic... I think that Top Gear should end before it becomes horrible and boring and repeats itself too much. I don't think it's there yet. But I don't like the idea of not knowing it was going to end before hand. And there should certainly be explosions. When was the last time they blew up a caravan? Too long ago, if you ask me.

The autoblog article is a nice hook to start another of this threads, but still, it's as useful as an asshole on the elbow.

It would be as useful as it is now, only reading on a toilet will be harder.

My point wasn't to start another talk about blowing things up, etc. Just can TG go forever or not and my opinion is similar to TomCat's. As a car show there will be always some new cars to test, so there is some future for TG. But I think now it get to far, and most people want new challenges, blowing stuff up and bumping into James' cheap car.

So it would be very hard to get back to more normal (but still the best) car show like it was in seasons 3-6.

I think they should have all 3 of them drive off a cliff in a usual car review. Then, have Clarkson awkwardly get out of the wreckage as a sole survivor say, "well, the other two are dead..........anyway....goodnight"

End of show

like this endless debate, just get locked out of the studio....

(and the three should at least do laps in the RPC and then blow them both up, caravans attached)

If TopGear was a real car show, it could go on forever. But the show is more of a sitcom nowadays and it's already getting stale. All the great ideas they've had over the years have been reused and rehashed so many times, it's lost it's appeal. If they tone things down a bit, try and focus more on cars and less on trying to create unique challenges and scripted jokes/situations, it would last quite a bit longer and still be great.

I actually began to feel that way in 2007..around when "cocking about" started to overtake proper reviews.

End it with an exploding bus jumping over buses that are on fire, two Ferraris powersliding around a Bentley, that's also powersliding and tigers racing Badgers.

Actually seriously, I'd rather have them be more sensible so that the show can go on a bit more longer, before everyone loses the plot and doesn't want it anymore.

...at least it seems like the monthy "how long will it go on"-thread and the monthly "TG sucks/is not about cars anymore/is so scripted"-thread are merged this time. :p