How Top Gear should end?

Usually during the Cool Wall or news segments the boys would talk about how a particular car is cool for being dangerous and how dying in a massive fireball behind the wheel of some crazy hypercar is the only way to go.

Well TG should go out like that.

Each review a supercar. Then they decide to test together. They decide to test safety features. All three head into a crash together. Giant fireball. Credits.

Honestly though, I think if they went out on a more subtle note it would leave them room to possibly return as well as to have a massive impact on us before they left.

It would be the more apt choice.

So basically, something like the aston flick at the end of this season.

Fire! explosions! murder! mayhem! , Jeremy firing a 50 call at a caravan full of enviromentalists ,a Veyron stuffed full of endangered animals along with the whole studio being blown up by an F22 piloted by the Stig.......and they should have Micheal bay direct the whole thing ! :p

seriously though....something subtle, a look back perhaps with the boys in the studio looking back at years of fun, great television and some allround epicness,.......highlighting the great ride it was , and the fun they had doing it.
Because that to me ,more than anything else makes Topgear stand out amongst everything else.....i'ts the sence of friendship, cocking about, and 3 blokes doing what they love best that made top gear what it is.

Ending should be (as mentioned before) simply the tree of them driving off into the countryside, to the tones off the old version of Jessica (as used in old topgear), each at his own pace, each in his own beloved sort of car going their seperate ways.....

Last edited:
Ending should be (as mentioned before) simply the tree of them driving off into the countryside, to the tones off the old version of Jessica (as used in old topgear), each at his own pace, each in his own beloved sort of car going their seperate ways.....
Gracious! I almost teared up just reading that.

All three die in a huge fireball after an extreme example of "Ambitious but rubbish", credits roll, channel announcer cuts in over TG music with "Anyway........"

PS I'm back. Anyone miss me while we moved house? Thought not.

The last program should last, if not live, at least 3 hours long

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
Another question: When Top Gear does end, do you want to know who the Stig is? I'm not sure I do.

Eh, if they can just rerun that Aston segment at the end...

^
this or:
for the final seen have the Stig sign off in front of a myriad of cars on the test track (holding his helmet under his arm) and with the three presenters around him listening to The Stig signing off and recapping all the memories and significant events in TG's history.:cry:
But as long as there's more cars there will be TG. It will be like SNL here in the States. Some years are bad but then others become classics and make you want to watch the current seasons.

PS I'm back. Anyone miss me while we moved house? Thought not.

You moved house? :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyway, back to your regularly-scheduled thread.

I think it should end now. Sorry guys, but frankly I'm sick and tired of these three guys whining about how the want to end Top Gear. Yes they are a big part of the show but in the end I watch for the cars and if they are not into cars anymore or feel they are not getting payed enough money then so be it. Move on and stop taunting and threatening to end the show. The whole ending while it's on top thing is utter bull shit. James is good at his thing, Jezza will probably do something car related and Richard will do some more of whatever it is he does.

Another question: When Top Gear does end, do you want to know who the Stig is? I'm not sure I do.
I'm not sure, either. Roll with the Schumi jokes. Disclosing who is (or who all is, whatever) Stig would be like the time I spotted my parents putting my "from Santa" presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

In other words: noooooo!!!

I don't know how it should end but: I want to know which episode will be the last one. I don't want to know who the Stig is. And I don't want it to end yet. If anyone feels that Top Gear is way too scripted and too much into cocking about, then just turn off your TV or select Channel 5 to choose another Gear. Top Gear is still reaching 7m viewers just in the UK which shows that it hasn't lost it's appeal. They aren't dependent on the few, few hundred or few thousand viewers who think it sucks these days.

simple, TG should end with something like this :blowup:

EDIT: Even after TG as a show will be gone, they could still return with specials such as the Polar special or Vietnam special, at least once a year, pretty please :).

Last edited:
God forbid this show ever ends. Its the only reason to own a TV nowadays. Although, if it *had* to, how about a Doctor Who style regeneration? :p

I can just see Clarkson regenerating into Kristin Scott Thomas, Hammond into a sparkling set of novelty dentures, and May into a smoking jacket :D

And finally I would like to address the issue about the inevitable: the end of TopGear.(this has basically nothing to do with the rest of my post, just felt like writing some more) Should this be the final series ? Absolutely not. When should they pull the plug ? I really can?t say and I don?t think anyone can. However I do have ideas about how it should be done.
When the moment comes, I think the last series should last about 8 episodes and I think at the very latest then they should go old school, with a modern twist. I mean driving the wheels off everything they can get their hands on, review the cars THEY want, their favorites. Perhaps do a challenge like ?2000? car challenge? and they can buy whatever they please, get F1 stars as SIARPC?..just an all out TG funfest. And by modern twist I mean it should be?.well?Top Gear, and not just plain car reviews. Modern meaning shouting, arguing and the usual stuff we love so much. For the last show I would like a final roadtrip special: they all take their one favorite car and just drive through Europe, for example May taking an old Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Beautiful scenery, fantastic roads, filling the gaps with coffee table discussions about driving, cars in general, arguing what is the greatest car ever made etcetc. The trip finally ending to Stelvio Pass where they found the greatest driving road in the world. I know, the image is a bit romantic, but I would love that. That way everyone would be reminded what Top Gear and cars are all about: the sheer pleasure of driving. And most importantly leave us all wanting for more. It is always the best way to go..

Andy Wilman said:
Quitting whilst you're ahead is a hard path to take - one that requires courage, integrity and moral backbone - which is why in the end we decided to abandon that idea and just keep churning it out until we've outstayed our welcome.

God forbid this show ever ends. Its the only reason to own a TV nowadays. Although, if it *had* to, how about a Doctor Who style regeneration? :p

I can just see Clarkson regenerating into Kristin Scott Thomas, Hammond into a sparkling set of novelty dentures, and May into a smoking jacket :D

But surely regenerating would suggest that they will keep going, and as far as I'm aware, smoking jackets can't say "Oh cock!"