Huge penalty for BAR Honda

and the fact is was underweight when there is no fuel in the car. caught. its no use saying other teams do it when no-one else gets done, its still no excuse.
"sorry officer, yes I was speeding but so were othre people"- try that one and see how you go.

actually, ud probably be alright, at least in this country, when driving, you should follow the same speed as the person in front of you (and if the police turn up then the person in front of you should be done but not you).

Skett said:
actually, ud probably be alright, at least in this country, when driving, you should follow the same speed as the person in front of you (and if the police turn up then the person in front of you should be done but not you).

Really? I cannot believe the British road legislations. Are you saying that if the Gumball would come there again and they would rip up a motorway at 250km/h or 160mph in a group of 10 or 15 vehicles, only the one at the front would get the punishment?

I know in California that there is no speed limit in the law books (at least on the freeway). We must travel the same speed as the traffic. I really wish everybody else drove just like me!

It's because of the above theory that I always follow another car when there is only two of us on the freeway. The other car knows that a cop cannot pull both of us over because we are both going "with the flow traffic." Whether that is 80 or 90mph, it doesn't really matter. The highway patrol will only pull you over if you are the only car that is going substantially faster than those around you (driving at unsafe speeds for road conditions). However, going above 100mph in this state is considered reckless driving. That is one rule I follow . . . unless it's an empty freeway at 5am on a weekend!

I sure wish Germany won't repeal the unlimited speed of the autobahn. I was planning on moving there after I graduate just so I can drive how I want to. (Plus all the neighboring countries are super cool.)

Z Draci said:
I sure wish Germany won't repeal the unlimited speed of the autobahn. I was planning on moving there after I graduate just so I can drive how I want to. (Plus all the neighboring countries are super cool.)

I don't think we'll get a speed limit anytime soon here in Germany! There is no serious discussion about it.
If there is a serious discussion one day, I, probably all of my male friends and lotsa other people would be on the streets protesting!! :mrgreen:

I lived in CA for 4.5 months this winter and I really liked, weather is nice, people are friendly and so on. I could really imagine living there, but not being able to fly down the Autobahn doing 155mph (or more, if I get a faster car one day) would probably be the thing I'd miss the most. :)

cya
Oliver

California is a relaxing place to live. I can tell you that the good weather gets old after a while. I've been here 17 years and seen nothing but blue skies 99% or the time. You never know what month of the year it is. I need some rain and snow!!! It's not a great place to drive since they refuse to spend money on the roads. All the roads are set in a square lattice--no curves at all for miles! (even in city centers!!!) They clearly laid down the roads before they built the city.

It seems like I'll be joining you in Deutschland, Oliver! I lived in Muenchen for 3 months too. I absolutely loved it! It has to be one of the best 3 months of my life.
I have a friend in Frankfurt that bought a 316i after seeing the 325i I had. I bet he's having a blast with it on your holy Autobahn!

Z Draci said:
I have a friend in Frankfurt that bought a 316i after seeing the 325i I had. I bet he's having a blast with it on your holy Autobahn!

He won't need autobahns to stretch a 316i :evil:

Suppose I got a stretch of unlimited speed highway around here too.

Well ... "around" as in in NT which is at least a three hour plane ride away.
Hmm ... probably not worth it to max out my CRV :p

Z Draci said:
California is a relaxing place to live. I can tell you that the good weather gets old after a while. I've been here 17 years and seen nothing but blue skies 99% or the time. You never know what month of the year it is. I need some rain and snow!!!
Maybe you're right that the good weather gets old at some point, but ATM I'd say it will take years before I grow tired of sunshine! ;)

The weather here in Germany is very inconsistent. It is now mid-may and we're having rain today and temperatures in the mid 50s. Two weeks ago we were in the 90s though, that was actually too warm for my taste... :)

Z Draci said:
It's not a great place to drive since they refuse to spend money on the roads. All the roads are set in a square lattice--no curves at all for miles! (even in city centers!!!) They clearly laid down the roads before they built the city.
That was something I noticed too while I was in the US, I also mentioned it in my "San Diego thread":
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1167

I think they were able to lay down the roads before they built the city because America is simply too young. They already had traffic in mind when planning the city.
In Germany/Europe most of the cities are a lot older than America itself. For instance, the center of my city is close to a thousand years old and that shows when you look at the layout of the roads.

Z Draci said:
It seems like I'll be joining you in Deutschland, Oliver! I lived in Muenchen for 3 months too. I absolutely loved it! It has to be one of the best 3 months of my life.
Nice to hear!
Where do you wanna live, Munich? What were you doing in M?nchen?
Do you speak German?

cya
Oliver

I always used the second car rule until i got done. Mobile radar hiddin up an on ramp got me but not the M class merc 100 m in front of me that I was following. When I asked Mr Cop why didnt you pull over the larger car that was in front of me he said you drice a loud red car (WRX) of course I'm going to pull you over....
Never thought I would be a victim of someone dumber than me.
For the Aussies out there it was on the Port Maquarie by-pass hidden on the on" ramp heading north.