Hulk Hogan's Son In High Speed Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's no excuse, AT ALL. there is something called, "driving too fast for conditions". he's an idiot, plain and simple.

I wasn't trying to defend him or provide excuses, I was just making the statement and giving a little insight to the situation...just so you know.

I think the worst part of this is, is how completely careless Nick Hogan seemed after the crash when he wrote that blog thing. Alright, he's young and he has a few very fast cars.. He's not the only one that would be irresponsible in that situation.
The thing that really pisses me off is how he acts, how incredibly arrogant he seems to be. The only thing he can do is whine about how the media is giving him a hard time, and coming with excuses about how the car aquaplaned. I'm sure it did, but is pretty common knowledge that that can happen, and especially in powerful cars with big fat tires.
He doesn't seem to have any remorse that one of his friends is know basically a vegetable because of him. But who knows, i haven't spoken to him.. Don't want to, but who am i to judge how he feels.. I can just conclude that i REALLY don't like the guy.

not legally. if you're driving and get pulled over in a state that requires seatbelts, and you have yours on but your passenger doesn't, YOU are getting that ticket. YOU are responsible for the safety of everyone in your vehicle. It doesn't take a whole lot to say, "hey, put your seatbelt on", before you head off. I manage to do it anytime people ride with me, it's not difficult.

Really? In Canada, that's only true if your passenger is under 18 or 16, can't remember which. Over that age, wearing a seatbelt is entirely the passenger's responsibility.

yeah. some states only require belts for people under certain ages, but you're still getting the ticket as the driver. It's the same as the open container law. If someone in the back seat is drinking the driver will get the open container ticket. Now, I'm not sure if that still holds if the person who's drinking keeps possession of the container, but in traffic stops, people usually drop things like that on the floor, and in most states if it's not in the trunk or behind the last upright seat(like in an SUV or wagon without a proper trunk) it's a violation.

Gov. Bill Owens has signed a bill into law banning consumption and possession of open containers of alcohol in vehicles traveling Colorado?s public roadways.

The new law, previously HB1122, also frees up millions in federal dollars for improving Colorado roads.

Colorado law had prohibited drivers from having an open alcoholic beverage, but passengers 21 years of age or older are free to drink while in a moving vehicle.

The new ban eliminates the open container provision. The new law goes into effect July 1 this year.

Violators could be fined $57.80.

Exceptions are made for passengers in limousines and recreational vehicles.

Until now, Colorado has been forced to spend a portion of its federal highway money on traffic safety because it didn?t have a ban on open containers of alcohol in vehicles.

The federal government mandated in 2001 that states pass such provisions or spend a percentage of federal highway dollars on traffic safety projects.

Since then, $29 million in transportation money has been diverted from Colorado roads for such uses as installing cables to prevent crossover accidents and drunken driving checkpoints, the Legislature?s Web site reported.
Passenger Restraint Law
Colorado law requires the driver and all front seat passengers to wear safety belts whenever the vehicle is operated on a public highway in the state. The requirement does not apply if federal law does not require the vehicle to be equipped with safety belt systems. An example would be vehicles that were manufactured before the federal requirement (i.e., prior to the 1968 model year). The fact that seat belts were removed from a vehicle sometime after it was manufactured does not exempt anyone from the law if seat belts were original equipment in the vehicle. There is also an exemption for individuals with a physically or psychologically disabling condition when such disability would prevent the use of a safety belt. In order to be eligible for that exemption, a person must have a written statement from a physician. The statement must certify the disability and state the reason why use of a restraint is inappropriate. The adult seat belt law is a secondary violation in Colorado. That means that a police officer cannot stop a vehicle if that is the only observed violation. Some other law must be violated in order for the officer to make a traffic stop. Once stopped for another violation, a driver may then be cited for a violation of the seat belt law if applicable.

Last edited:
What is that video supposed to prove? Yeah he stops at a red light. It usually AFTER red lights that you floor it and crash. If you're an unresponsible kid in a seriously powerful Supra that is.

heehee, I can only imagine what kind of spin they're (Hogans) going to put on this whole thing on the next season of the HKB. That is, if they're still tapping which I'm sure they are. :tvhorror: Try back-peddaling your way out of that one! :p

Whatever the case, he is a foolish young man who will hopefully reflect back on this and seek redemption through personal sacrifice.

Or will just push this incident out of his mind and will travel the road of life thoughtlessly with others picking up his various messes along the way. I really hope for the latter.

Hmmm, maybe poor grammar on my side. What I meant was, I hope he straightens up and fly right.

I see. It seemed very unlike you to wish something like that, which is why I asked. ;)

He's rich, so he'll probably get out of this with maybe some fines and community service or house arrest. Hopefully the victim's family do get a large judgement for this though.

heehee, I can only imagine what kind of spin they're (Hogans) going to put on this whole thing on the next season of the HKB. That is, if they're still tapping which I'm sure they are. :tvhorror: Try back-peddaling your way out of that one! :p

5-1 odds that the incident was taped by the camera guys from the show and it's being "supressed" somehow.

Ever since Nick Bollea was the driver in a horrible car crash in Clearwater on August 26, he and his family have said Nick was not speeding, and they've denounced street racing.

But the ABC Action News Investigators have obtained a DVD which might show a different side.

The 2005 documentary is titled "Vehicular Lunatics". It was filmed at several Florida locations, including Saint Petersburg and Orlando. One "Extra" on the DVD is called "Street Racing With Linda Hogan.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/conten...ntent_id=c78966c5-7617-41c8-a049-87cc49532f5d

Video of Nick's mom and sister on the right side of the page.

^Street racing: A nice way to spend time with your family..

Vehicular Lunatics is an entertaining DVD, as is most IMV Films videos. I forgot all about that scene in the DVD though...definitely doesn't help their public image in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.