• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Hurry up BMW!!

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
Am I the only one that is getting anxious about the new M3 couple/sedan? Has anyone heard of a date when they are going to be releasing them?

gimme gimme gimme

hmmm I'm only anxious about the performance part, heard about the 400bhp engine, but not so much about the looks thanks to Mr. Bangle :x

No more straight 6, it'll be a sad day when they stop making the current m3. :(

Hey while we talking about the M3, whats the chassis number. You know like E46 and all. I wanted to know what the new M3 number is, the current and the one before that. Can any of you help?

It looks awful... the new 3 is horrid.

rather get the new mz4 or z4m or w/e it'll be called
or the 1 series with teh 3.0 =]

130i = quick

with all this new found BMW power i have a feeling that the new M3 is going to be like a monaro/gto, but major bling because its a beamer

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Hey while we talking about the M3, whats the chassis number. You know like E46 and all. I wanted to know what the new M3 number is, the current and the one before that. Can any of you help?

the one before was E36 and the one coming up should be E90 AFAIK, unless they have a different one for the M-series... but honestly, I'm not looking forward to the New M3, the current one is M3 perfection, straight-6, very nice and fierce looking... excellent gearbox

andyhui01 said:

the one before was E36 and the one coming up should be E90 AFAIK, unless they have a different one for the M-series... but honestly, I'm not looking forward to the New M3, the current one is M3 perfection, straight-6, very nice and fierce looking... excellent gearbox
Thanks for that. I must agree totally on the current M3 being perfection. That straight-6 was excellent and it had those discreet yet 'loud' looks to complete the picture.
I'm sure the new M3 will be better (technically) but it wont be greater!

On another topic, this is weird for me being a Merc man but I quite genuinly like the new 3-series look. Its really nice from the front end with the chrome grill, a bit conservative at the rear but nice. I would love a 330CI with sport pack...I dont however like the new M3 being 4-doors! WHY?!!

mattshaw said:
I dont however like the new M3 being 4-doors! WHY?!!

its coming in a coupe and a sedan! read my post :lol:
Read MY post again :roll: I said I didnt LIKE the new M3 having 4-doors!

andyhui01 said:

i agree, it can only get worse. that they keep making the current M3 for a loooong time, so by the time i can afford one, there are plenty around :p

On another topic, this is weird for me being a Merc man but I quite genuinly like the new 3-series look.
Maybe being a merc man is the reason you like the new 3-series look. Subconsciously you like the fact that bmw cars are getting uglier so that mercs look better in comparison ;)

v0od0o said:
On another topic, this is weird for me being a Merc man but I quite genuinly like the new 3-series look.
Maybe being a merc man is the reason you like the new 3-series look. Subconsciously you like the fact that bmw cars are getting uglier so that mercs look better in comparison ;)
Interesting theory you bring up Resident Microsoftie, but no, I LIKE the new 3Series look. But only really the 330CI and/or a 3-Series with M-Sportpack.

:huh: Hmmm I feel all funny now..weird...

It seems to me, new BMWs need to sink in a bit.
It wasn't the biggest Fan of the current 5 series when it came out, but now its one of the best looking cars in my book (especially in black with nice M rims...)

3 series is looking good so far... And by 2006, I think in summer or autumn when the M and the convertible comes out, it will be even better...

BUba

E30 (first M3), E36 (90s M3), E46 (you know about that one) and the new will be E90

I did like the 5 series the moment it came out, the M version is just stunning.
And with it I thought that the design dept. at BMW were finally getting their bangled look straight, but then came the new 3-series and that hideous boot just disappointed me.

They are definitely a long way from that hideous bangled 7 series, but only the new 5 series is a success in my book. 7 series is the worst, followed by the z4, the 6 series, and then the 3 series. The 1 series is bearable although not a beauty, and the M5 is imho the only good looking bangled bmw currently on sale.

v0od0o said:
I did like the 5 series the moment it came out, the M version is just stunning.
And with it I thought that the design dept. at BMW were finally getting their bangled look straight, but then came the new 3-series and that hideous boot just disappointed me.

They are definitely a long way from that hideous bangled 7 series, but only the new 5 series is a success in my book. 7 series is the worst, followed by the z4, the 6 series, and then the 3 series. The 1 series is bearable although not a beauty, and the M5 is imho the only good looking bangled bmw currently on sale.
Ok again, this is weird but the facelifted 7-Series is quite nice. They fixed the front end up real nice (like a 3-er) and now its looks fit the intended status its meant to have. It still looks like a dogs breakfast from the rear.
The Z4 is nice from the front but the shape is all weird and the rear is ugly.
The 6'er is also real nice from the front (thats what the 5'er should have been!!) and kinda ok-agressive from the rear.

^I think im coming out of the closet :|

No no Merc better :twisted:

lol @ SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! :lol:
funny how tastes differ, eh? ;)
And the 6'er's rear is a just messed up 911 from the side profile.

It's pointless discussing tastes though.... To each his own. 8)