Hyundai ads spoof Top Gear

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature

Yeah, sorry about that initial screw-up. As soon as I saw the thread post I started fixing it, but thanks for being on top of things.

So they came to FG, saw the TG section and the Icebone thread and thought ?Marketing, i know what we're gonna do today.?.

Very very well done.

So ironic that the car has absolutely no business ever being on top gear.

Or maybe that's the point.

Great ads, really well done, you know this is going to be mentioned on the TG news segment sometime this series.

That's brilliant, and I'm trying to work out if that's a CG mockup or the real TG studio and track. Very clever work.

That's brilliant, and I'm trying to work out if that's a CG mockup or the real TG studio and track. Very clever work.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's the real track and a specially-built studio set made to mimic the TG one. I know you can hire out Dunsfold's track no problems (EVO magazine has in the past), so I don't see why not.

The ads work well - they're rather clever. I hope they're on UK tv soon. The Clarkson voice impression is reasonable, the Hammond one spot on.

Last edited:
The Clarkson voice impression is reasonable, the Hammond one spot on.

As we all know from his adventures with a shopping cart, Richard can be hired for a small amount of money, so maybe it's actually him... What i find more shocking is that the voice seems to fit a cartoon hamster better than a human being.

Anyways, i like the ads, well done, Hyundai!

That's awesome! Best ads I've seen in a while, that's for sure :D

Top Deer?

:think:

Alright Hyundai, who is the lurker here?

:lol::clap: I like that. It's actually really thoroughly and acurately done, especially the details in the studio and the shots they use. Well done Hyundai.

Yeah.

It's almost TOO accurate... o_O

So , hang on a minute, are they actually trying to say that Ice did in fact swerve to avoid a Hyundai? Driven by a deer that sounds a bit like Clarkson? I'm confused.

Love it! Great work Hyundai.

If you've been watching the World Cup coverage on UK TV you'll also have noticed their rip of the car football;

If you've been watching the World Cup coverage on UK TV you'll also have noticed their rip of the car football;

was just going to say that too. but the first ads are good though.

its crazy to think how massive Top Gear has become since it came back.