Hyundai Coupe fully undisguised!

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
http://img45.imageshack.**/img45/2685/hyundaigenesiscoupe185fqh2.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.**/img233/4369/hyundaigenesiscoupe6869pa1.jpg
Many more photos: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-hyundai-coupe/

New Tiburon Forum member anthony718 just posted some pics of the new Hyundai Coupe totally undisguised. Saying he got the pics from "a friend," he details how the photos came from a market research event back in June. According to the info given, the Coupe would have two engine options, a 2.0L turbo with 215HP and 217 ft-lbs of torque, or a 3.8LV6 with 300HP and 280 ft-lbs. Prices were given as $19,900 for the 4 or $25,900 for the V6. While we have good reason to believe there will be a genuine V8 in the engine bay when we see the car in LA next week, this event was held back in June and changes could have been made since that time.

Hyundai is pitching this new Genesis Coupe as a Mustang fighter, so it's no surprise to see the Coupe sitting next to the Ford in these photos. We've discussed this 2009 model Hyundai quite a bit and now that we have some clear pics, it really looks like it's been worth the wait. Attractive in an Accord or G37 Coupe kind of way, the RWD Korean should make a splash in the sports/GT market when it reaches dealers next year. The looks and specs seem to indicate a worthy competitor, with rumored features like iPod integration in the center console, Bluetooth with the stock head deck, a sunroof, limited slip and possibly even a Brembo brake upgrade.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/08/hyundai-coupe-fully-undesguised/

Hyundai will be coming out will quite a few interesting vehicles over the next few years. While I do like the Mustang this new coupe looks quite promising. Can't wait to find out more about it and read the various magazine tests.

Reactions: TC
Looks pretty bloody fantastic for a Korean car, except for the weird rear windows.

I really don't like that front end. Good for a Hyundai, though. RWD is a step in the right direction for sure.

i never thought i would say this but.... wow a Hyundai i would love to own

Last edited:
You could compare it to the Altima Coupe or the Solara or even the Accord Coupe but the Hyundai just keeps coming up the better due to lack of fail-wheel-drive.

Awww...c'mon! Spend your fair share of money DESIGNing car. No more taking other manufacturer's car and re-arrange pieces and bits. I'm surprised that everyone's okay with this.

Awww...c'mon! Spend your fair share of money DESIGNing car. No more taking other manufacturer's car and re-arrange pieces and bits. I'm surprised that everyone's okay with this.

RWD

I was really looking forward to this car, but wow that front end is horrid. Hopefully the car's mechanics will make up for it.

It doesn't seem all that bad. Nothing spectacular but not bad.

Looks very promising, but you can still tell the Koreans are copying Japanese design, for the most part. Not a problem, that's basically how Japanese car design started, as well.

With a good engine and a well-balanced chassis, this car will be fun to drive. :)

True, but the similarly priced Mustang has that too, with far better looks.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder... personally i think this looks much better than the retro-stang

That looks bloody good actually. It's not that cut price anymore though; I'd really want to see how it stacks up against other rivals when it is released.

Rear Wheel Drive won't automatically make it awesome either, they still need to sort out the chassis.

Looks fantastic! A step in the right direction for Hyundai.

It's handsome but it's got way too many fussy details: what's the point of that annoying kink in the rear window? Who thought that scallop was a good idea? Why are the lights melting, and why do the foglights look painted on? I'm having a hard time believing it's RWD, even though it is.

And does it come with a proper manual? Even the Tiburon has one, and this car is as good-looking as the Tib isn't.