Hyundai Ioniq 5 (2021)

Latest EV: :)

Crossover: :cautious:

Odds are its going to be good

First drives:

800v charger looks cool-

Last edited:
That thing looks gigantically big, and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

That thing looks gigantically big, and that's the only thing I don't like about it.
This was my thought too. Proportionally it looks great, it just needs to be scaled down 15-20%.

I was going to order one ... But that interior, those screens... Dat bezel ...

Looks like a modern Golf to me from the pictures. Is that really a SUV while it looks like a very big hatchback.

This might be me. I have to see it in person but I like the looks with the exception of the front emblem which looks too large.

There's a massive amount to like about it but a few issues. Firstly I didn't realise how big it was, thinking it was a Delta Integrale-sized hatchback, so the reality is a bit disappointing. Secondly:
It does look cheap in white, even just making the bezel black like the Honda e would've helped but the empty space is still way too big. It's not the single screen they showed in the preview and I'm not really sure why, they could've faked it by putting them side-by-side if they were forced to use these smaller screens. Definitely not the same quality look as the Honda.

The battery, charging tech and vehicle-to-load system are all brilliant and self-driving tech aside this would be ahead of Tesla if the infrastructure was there. I also like the way it shows a preview of the side camera when you indicate, not sure if it's just a gimmick though and a distraction for the driver.

If you don't buy that Alfa before they stop selling it, we can't be friends. :p

If you don't buy that Alfa before they stop selling it, we can't be friends. :p
€600 a month financing with a €15k deposit ... Plus €200 a month insurance ...

I just need to earn another €2k a month and I will do it.

1000 Km drive

Can believe he actually streams the whole drive.

Wonder rain-x or something like it improve rear visibility

Impressive car.

I saw one in the flesh, it's nearly perfect. These shitty 2004 bezels on the infotainment drivers displays kill that car for me. 100% out of the question for me just for that reason.

Extremely disappointing.