Hyundai releases official renderings of Concept Genesis Coupe!

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/30/breaking-hyundai-releases-official-renderings-of-concept-genesi/

hyundai-coupe-sketch-2_450.jpg

hyundai-coupe-sketch-1.jpg

Hyundai just sent us these first official renderings of its Concept Genesis Coupe, a stylized and exaggerated version of a production rear-wheel-drive coupe that's on the way. The actual Concept Genesis Coupe will makes its first public appearance at the LA Auto Show in a couple of weeks, and we'll be on hand to capture the debut. While no other information about the coupe concept or the forthcoming production version was given, we're betting the 3.8L V6 will be the top shelf engine, though we're still holding out hope for a proper V8. Tell us what you think of the concept's design in the comments, as we're sure Hyundai is listening.

Looks bloody great! It's a Hyundai that.. I'd buy, maybe even.. dare I say it.. love?

Last edited:
Artist renderings... which get watered down into a concept... which gets watered down into a production model that ends up looking dull. In short, I'm not optimistic.

They really need to screw up hard to make this a bad car.

Relatively low cost, RWD, and judging from the test mules pretty decent design.

Who wouldn't take this over a RX-8 or Mustang V6?

Artist renderings... which get watered down into a concept... which gets watered down into a production model that ends up looking dull. In short, I'm not optimistic.

But its still a budget RWD with some power, who can say no to that :p

I realise it's a rendering, but I'm bloody optimistic! :p

Actually, if you take away all the concept nonsense it looks ALOT like the current coupe.

^ Oh absolutely - I was only referring to it's appearance.

ahh... I agree on the appearance, but judging by all the placement for windows, general shape... I would say we have a 350Z korean lookalike in the works (isn't a bad thing though :p, at least they are copying a decent looking car :D)

first of all, why are you even comparing it to a V6 Mustang? the V6 Mustang isn't and never will be a performance car.

secondly, RX8? you mean Mazda's failure? you're comparing it to the wrong cars.

people keep hoping for a V8 and speculation is saying the top shelf engine will be the current 3.8L V6 from the Azera/Veracruz. the current 3.8 has 263hp, but there's other speculation of upwards of 300-350hp to compete with the 350z/G37.

Looks cool, and if they gave it a lot of power, it would def compete with the G37/350Z. I hope they don't change it too much from this production, though that's probably unrealistic. I could do with a slightly lower rear.

The concept looks cool. Frankly, it looks like every other concept released...so whatever.

Maybe it's just me, but seeing a Hyundai badge on that is hysterical. It's like a photoshop entry that has a condom logo on a space shuttle or something.

I think it's safe for Clarkson to say "if it looks like that when it comes out I'll eat my hair" as it won't look a bit like it.

Me :|. I'll be surprised if it's anywhere near as much fun as a RX8, or as cheap and easy to mod as the Mustang. My experiences with Korean cars hasn't left me with one good impression, and this thing just looks like the cartoon version of the Tiburon. However, I'm interested to see how they do in this segment.