I am going to go drive a Jaguar XF now...

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
I really do wish the best for Jaguar, but i saw a blue-ish silver one in person and before i actually looked at it i thought it was a Lexus, then once i did look at it seemed very bulky. Weird thing is that although i like the profile and overall design of the XF better then say a 5 series (nix the headlamps) the 5 series wears its weight somehow more evenly. My problem is instead of looking imposing like a old jag or athletic like a German car would it just looks fat. Whatever, i'm sure with a few minor details they could have a really great looking car, because overall the shape is pretty good. Fuck Ian Callum, unless that is he himself can confess why the car doesn't look like it was originally designed to.

cxfexterior_600.jpg

Last edited:

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Jaguar really have excelled themselves and the Germans with this new XF. Such a brilliant car.

I admit it seems to be a great car. But it defnitely won't be bought by the "classic" Jaguar buyers and it looks a bit like a Hyundai from the front.

So we have to see how successful it really is, when no one can see on first glance, that it is a Jaguar and not some Korean thing.

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
Most of changes made to the XF's styling are for production reasons. For instance, the original design of the headlamps had to be changed because they melted on the prototype. The radiator grille had to be slanted back for safety reasons.

Any info on this? I still can't see how they couldn't have made it work, its not like we haven't had hot lamps near plastic before.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Basically, it was all inept design. They discovered that a lot of the design wouldn't work because they'd either screwed up the materials or gotten the numbers/figures wrong... so they bandaided it all and kicked it out the door rather than working on it (say, changing the lamp housings so they were metal and glass rather than Lexan and plastic) and getting it right.

They could have gotten it to look exactly like the C-XF. But Callum is incompetent, and this is what you get.