Ownership Verified: I bought a damn Porsche [1987 Porsche 924S]

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
It's the poor man's, very poor man's Porsche.

1987 Porsche 924S, made the same year as me. HELL YEAH it's the 2.5 motor. Test drove it on Tuesday and it felt great. Owner was a really nice guy and a Corny Dad type who bought it for his son ("think Sheldon from Big Bang," he kept reminding us) but he couldn't drive stick. Guy had put just 100 miles on it. Owner before him wrote all the big checks (timing belt, clutch, respray).

Ninjacoco helped me pick it up yesterday. The paint is nice, but it looks way nicer in these photos than it does in real life.

E0dwPHA.jpg

KPIza4T.jpg

gfu3D7y.jpg

Lz2VFyJ.jpg

Lp0IQt7.jpg

iCQimyI.jpg

Proof coming soon. Too lazy at the moment, and it is balls-assed hot right now.

Interior:

JQzUK5O.jpg

First thing: the body molding and 17-inch Mille Miglia Cup 1 monster truck wheels have to go, and also I gotta get the damn AC fixed.

Last edited:
"Hammond's 924 was the star of the show." :jeremy:

What a great episode that was.

Nice Porsche btw.

It is so RED! I approve!

But god fucking damnit those sidemarkers are HIDEOUS. Those can't possibly be OEM? Not even USDM OEM can be that hideous, or can it!?

It is so RED! I approve!

But god fucking damnit those sidemarkers are HIDEOUS. Those can't possibly be OEM? Not even USDM OEM can be that hideous, or can it!?

Nope, that's what Porsche put on the US 924s.

Nope, that's what Porsche put on the US 924s.

Jesus that is hideous.

-unrelated-
And reading your name, I just remembered a detail that made me realize that the message I just sent to Ethan a minute ago might have been way better headed your way. Derp. What a brain fart. Either he hits you up on the matter anyway or I can just send it to you too :D
-edit-
you can haz PM

Last edited:
So you bought a POS Audi/VW mongrel instead of wasting all your hard earned monies coming to Ringmeet?

Screw you! Find yourself a whole new set of best friends. :mad:

Kidding. I'm well jealous and pleased for you fella. :bow:

Yay, you're joining the 924 club! :D

I'd love to test the S-model, I guess it makes quite a difference.

FUCK YEAH

FUCK FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

It's the one with the good engine!

They made one with a good engine? I scrapped the idea of getting one of these way back when because I didn't think such a thing existed.

Other than the aforementioned side markers and the bumpers (can you do a Euro conversion?) it looks great. What wheels are you thinking of putting on it? It seems like "Turbo 15" wheels are popular/correct but I personally prefer the old 8 spoke ones.

Last edited:
They made one with a good engine? I scrapped the idea of getting one of these way back when because I didn't think such a thing existed.

No, they didn't. The 924 either had a VW Vanagon engine which although not a great performer was at least reasonably reliable but when those ran out, the 2.5L version of the 944 engine was fitted to make the 924S - which has more power but is lacking in reliability.