Ownership Verified: I bought a damn Porsche [1987 Porsche 924S]

I work from home. ;)
Gentleman (and gentlewomen) this motherfucker has beat the system. :shakefist:

More things should be pantsfree.
Truer words were never spoken.

DSCF0018.jpg
And people ask me why I prefer old ass V8's. Still, BlaRo found himself a clean one. Hopefully he's got a couple years or more before he gets to deal with that.

Congratulations! That?s very cool!

Nice pick.
It's faster than 944 because it?s lighter.

fixed it...

The Fuchs wheels are cool and look very good - however I would probably go with cookie cutters as you can get original ones for much cheaper and I feel those somehow belong under a 924. Those look very "Fuchs-like" anyways...

lo41spg.jpg

Not a great picture, but you get the point...

P.S. I would have bought cookie cutters for my 944 but wanted 16" (does not exist).

Last edited:
also the "phone" rims are the shit right now.

Porsche-944-22.jpg

oem ones come in 15", 16" and even 17".

also the "phone" rims are the shit right now.

Yep, Teledial wheels are definitely very cool, but IMO suit much better the (slightly) edgier design of a 944 or a 928.
924 is a bit too round for Teledials. That?s why it looks better with spiderwebs or cookie cutters.

Yep, Teledial wheels are definitely very cool, but IMO suit much better the (slightly) edgier design of a 944 or a 928.
924 is a bit too round for Teledials. That?s why it looks better with spiderwebs or cookie cutters.

Agreed, Teledials (thanks to Public for correcting me on that - I didn't know the name) suit those cars more. My vote is still for the 8 spokes, they're very anti-bling and I think that works for the 924.

Screw teledials...

It needs to run on these!

Lp0IQt7_001.jpg

Lz2VFyJ_001.jpg

Official last Porsche recommendation for the 944 motors (and hence the one in this 924S) is 30K or two years, no less frequently.

I wonder where you got that from, because here in Europe the official Porsche recommendation is 5 years or 80tkm (which is ~50K miles). The most important thing is that the tension is set correctly (very loose and needs a special tool). That?s definitely a thing to consider when buying a car with this engine, but spreading completely wrong information doesn?t really help...

P.S. I drove six years with my previous time belt.

Last edited:
I wonder where you got that from, because here in Europe the official Porsche recommendation is 5 years or 80tkm (which is ~50K miles). The most important thing is that the tension is set correctly (very loose and needs a special tool). That?s definitely a thing to consider when buying a car with this engine, but spreading completely wrong information doesn?t really help...

P.S. I drove six years with my previous time belt.

That's the current as of last time I heard Porsche USA recommendation - just like how VAG products have extended maintenance intervals in Europe and they don't here, our environment is harsher and "it's such and such a way in Europe" does not mean that it's the same way in the US. I first heard about this when I bought a 944 at auction over a decade ago at the Dallas police auction and enquired of a local dealer after any maintenance records they might have had on the car. The original-in-the-US-manual interval was 45K but Porsche later changed it to 30K after a number of unfortunate incidents.

More info here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/f...nes-need-timing-belts-every-3000/98535/page1/

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...cal-forum/270046-timing-belt-4-years-30k.html

The 30K interval is very, very well known over here.

If I end up going by the Porsche shop any time soon and I remember, I'll grab a picture of their bulletin that says this.

Last edited:
Nice pick. The front engined 80s Porsches are so underrated, so it's nice to see one getting some love.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Brilliant find! At first the US bumpers and side markers look hideous, but I still wouldn't remove them. I say preserve it in all it's USDM honesty. Besides, I think a relatively unmodified specimen, like this one, will be rarer and worth more in the future.

Congrats, looks like a nice clean 924! The US bumpers and sidemarkers are not exactly beautiful, but they somehow add character to the car. The biggest flaw are those wheels.

I'm trying to do something new to this car every week this summer so I don't just let it sit there. So far, I've gotten it insured and registered. I also ripped off the ugly side moldings.
7Q2er3l.jpg

Two hours and a pair of ruined hands later, it looks 1000x better. Crappy picture:
2eIUkG1.jpg

Just a pile o' black rubber snakes.
dQKI8uZ.jpg

Oh, and here's the proof pic, if we still need something like that.
PYytGL2.jpg

Much better!

I'm trying to do something new to this car every week this summer so I don't just let it sit there. So far, I've gotten it insured and registered. I also ripped off the ugly side moldings.

Oh, and here's the proof pic, if we still need something like that.
PYytGL2.jpg

MMM torchys, I haven't been there in a few weeks