I... bought an Alfa. And gave it away!

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Well... long story short:

Moms stupidly often failing old Renault Scenic reached the end of its annoying life and needed to be replaced. As the mentioned pile of shit wasn't worth much in cash, we decided to go for something similar in age and pricerange. Mom drives like 3-5k km each year. Tops. And she seems to magically attrack dents and scratches, so anything shiny new would have been a waste. After ~2 weeks of checking out one shitbox after another, I eventually found a car that fulfills basically all needs.

So I ended up buying an Alfa, and i immediately gave it to mom. But as its still my car, I'll use it from time to time.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2011/04/27/IMG063.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2011/04/27/IMG064.jpg

Short facts:

Alfa Romeo 146 1.6 Twin Spark
- 07/1998
- 165k km
- 1.6 TS 120hp
- some electric things and an AC, all working fine
- passed inspection for 2 years in 11/2010

I'd say it needs some minor bodywork, but as mentioned earlier, thats not worth the time it'd take, mom will reverse the effect within weeks ;).

I don't really know why, but as I did all the stuff and bought it, on every paper relating to the car is my name. That makes me officially an Alfa-Owner. Oh shi....

Now go on and make fun of as much as you like ;).

Greetings from germanisia
Thomas

PS: Proof of ownership? Believe it or get lost. Fuck it, i'd rather proof its not mine, but hey ;).
PPS: Yes, its already pre-dented for mom <_<

Last edited:
Its my fucking car. I paid it, its registered and insured on my name and I will drive it if I feel like it. Mom ist just driving it most of the time. Kids post their dads cars here and nobody cares, so please..

Its my fucking car. I paid it, its registered and insured on my name and I will drive it if I feel like it. Mom ist just driving it most of the time. Kids post their dads cars here and nobody cares, so please..

I misunderstood Mr. GrouchyPants. The mods have been pretty keen for the last few months on removing "relatives' cars".

Just write on a bit of paper, I don't want to lose the Alfa :D

Can't be arsed to move my ass now, so that'll have to do:

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2011/04/27/alfabrief.jpg
Cars papers with todays date, as I registered it today.

More like sleepy plate.. but hey, i have to say it drives quite good, especially considering its age. And the engine feels quite agile, unlike many others i've driven in that range (in terms of displacement and hp).

If not, I might end up driving it more often. But so far mom is quite happy how it handles and the power is enough to get her some more tickets ;).

127650570834.jpg

I'd have got something Jap/German/Korean-possibly myself (boring but reliable) - kudos for taking a chance on a beautiful car.

Those wheels were introduced on the facelifted 146, the "period correct" ones would be these:
wheel-s.jpg

They are available in 14" and 15" sizes, the correct ones for a 1.6 Twin Spark are the 14" ones. The 15" ones were for 1.8 and 2.0 models.

These 15" ones are also acceptable, although they only came with the 1.4 Junior special series:
altres4.jpg

Or just get the correct hubcaps:
eed32ab8-edc7-424b-a2a1-3f752921f724.jpg