I BOUGHT THE F*CKING BUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe you should leave it in gear when you park the car for all old cars.. unless its in a flat place like your garage

Yeah I suggest doing both on that slope, IF something happens with the handbrake you will wreck the beetle and the car in front of it.

Hey Haz, sweeet bug :wub:
I love the original Wolfsburg thin rimmed steering wheels, both of mine have the black plastic ones :(

Thought I'd join in the Bug love-in with pictures of my two:

48737233_e16396e687.jpg

This car I've had for a long time, it's a 1973 stock 1300

48737231_cc85dec839.jpg

This is Saffron, a 1972, 1302s, an attempt at a Cal-looker lowered front, dechromed and single piece windows, single pipe exhaust. I've changed the rims for some Compomotives now.

Neither have any engine mods, but I'd welcome any tips (Josty??)

Both are undergoing some serious tlc, I've neglected them a bit lately. I've just sold my 1975 1303 superbeetle too, the sub frame had completely rotted through :?

Talked about Beetle mania on Finalgear.com...:lol:

Jostyrostelli said:
^Why didn't I know you had Beetles :x

The first one looks fantastic!

You have been told personally here (last posts) :p

let's make a club :D

haz

you mean Bug Club, right?

haz

ok, I'm lost ... v in da club dobble V club vob hub (VW) =?=! :|

haz

VW = V-Double-U = V-Duble-U = V-Dub = Dub

(Like the way George W Bush is referred to as 'Dubya')

Haha Haz, you didn't get that? :lol:

We drives Dubbers, Dubz, Airrides, Airdubs whatever you call them...Bobles :lol:

^WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS TALKING BOUT :? :bangin:

Oh I get it...your all apart of this special dub hub club now so you speak your own language.. <_<

So why does Haz tag say "Proud Boble Owner"? Forgive me if its earlier in this thread.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Oh I get it...your all apart of this special dub hub club now so you speak your own language.. <_<

So why does Haz tag say "Proud Boble Owner"? Forgive me if its earlier in this thread.

Boble = Beetle in Norwegian

The beetle looks like a boble (bubble) guess that's where it came from.

Jostyrostelli said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Boble = Beetle in Norwegian

The beetle looks like a boble (bubble) guess that's where it came from.
Ok that clears that up.

Wow there is some real nitty gritty jargon, techno-Beetle material in this thread :lol: if that makes any sense<<.

yea, I get it ... hey, I'm a Beetle/Boble owner :lol: I can't get over that ..

Last night i bought some new winter tires for ma' Boble; Toyo 185/70/15 (I think it was 70 yes ..) they ran me 2950 NOK/375 EUR - inc. lay over from rims + on the car. No one around here can compete with that price :D

Since they are stud-less (what is the word for winter tires with no studs?) and therefore have softer rubber, I can turn the steeringwheel with one finger :D paralell parking has never been easier :)

haz