I call bollocks on their used car prices

Nuieve

CL600, S2000, low-miles RX-8, for 6995 pounds? Yeah right. :rolleyes: In US even older CL600 go for around 20k at least, and UK has never had a) lower prices on new cars b) lower prices on used cars. Every time they get a used car challenge they buy cars for allegedly low prices that don't make sense.

Show me british car ad (legitimate) which shows CL600 for anything close to 7k quid...

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
I call an idiot with a moronic topic...go away.

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
I was wondering - is part of the reason they are so cheap because of poor gas mileage? If there are fewer people willing or able to pay the high petrol prices on a car that gets less than 15 mpg that would go some way toward explaining why they are cheaper than the North American versions of the same car.

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
{ shrug }

This happens all the time with LeMons cars. "How the hell did you get ______ for >$500?" Well, people do. People sell things for ridiculously low prices sometimes. I think this is my favorite story of them all: http://schumachertaxiservice.com/engine.html

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I'm guessing recession + engine tax + gas price + maintenance cost = cheap V12s.

Reactions: MWF

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #Spyder
Not to mention that generation of CL is regularly listed on "most unreliable cars" lists, and being a top of the line Mercedes, the repair costs would be truly eye-watering.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
CL600, S2000, low-miles RX-8, for 6995 pounds? Yeah right. :rolleyes: In US even older CL600 go for around 20k at least, and UK has never had a) lower prices on new cars b) lower prices on used cars. Every time they get a used car challenge they buy cars for allegedly low prices that don't make sense.

Show me british car ad (legitimate) which shows CL600 for anything close to 7k quid...
Happy now? Good. Then fuck off.

JHS

*Reads title*

*Reads "in the US"*

Errm...this is not the US. This the UK. Different circumstances.

Mr. Nice

Something that no one has mentioned is that certain cars depreciate more quickly in certain countries. It also seems that in the UK cars depreciate faster on a whole.

Lekky

Do you feel lekky, punk?
Car(s)
06' Suzuki Swift
Yeah most of them probably go for 20k, but if you look PAST the first page you may find some cheaper ones.