I converted to Japanese. SHOCKING!!

Jay

the fool on the hill
So after 16 years of faithful Pontiac driving, mr. predictability Jayhawk decided to go off on a weird tangent and buy a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX.
http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/5963/dsc0256yy5.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/5107/dsc0257ul0.jpg

And I bought it at a stupidly good deal because I work for a Subaru dealership. I know the pictures are pretty bad, but like anyone who buys a new car, you want to show it off.

How do I like it? Love it! The interior is set up much like a GM product, so stuff like HVAC and wipers were easy to figure out. I havent yet flogged it, not until I have 1000 miles on it, but I can tell you it has sharp turn in and predictable, neutral handling. The turbo comes in pretty early, about 1800 rpms, and gives a nice smooth surge. It came from the factory with a short throw shifter, and the shifts are precise, and the clutch pedal has just beautiful actuation.

Sometime in the next week I will put on this thread more quality pictures for the subie lovers. :D

That, good Sir, is a wise choice.

Enjoy!

Sweet! Shame it's not an STi though... ^_^

enjoy!!!

Congrats!... I thought you were getting an S2000!?!

I was, but I weighed the cost of ownership, insurance, blah blah, and I thought this was a good compromise. I forgot to mention Monday I took home a 2006 6 liter, 6 speed GTO with 9000 miles on it. I could have bought that for $23,000 USD (not a typo!) but the seats were very painful for my arthritic back and it just wasnt happy doing everyday commutes.

Sweet! Shame it's not an STi though... ^_^

An STI would be nice...but the insurance quote was staggering, even though I am well over 25 and married.

Oh, I am jealous! Congratulations on your new purchase.

jayhawk, Try not to listen to people like Viper007bond. The WRX is a traffic car to have/drive. The STI is nice, but too much for most daily drivers.
I sure miss my 05 WRX.

Has anyone ever given viper backtalk before!?

You owned a 05 wrx now you have a vibe!???:blink:

Congratulations... the Impreza is a very nice car to drive, drove an STi Ver8 in Malaysia about a month ago, loved it to bits... I don't know if you'll have a chance to feel this, but the car feels like it has a never-ending throttle pedal, when i was doing 180kph on the highway, a Evo7 came up behind me, so I thought I would go faster and stepped on it harder, surprisingly, I still had a long way to go before I reached the floor :lol:... The car felt so effortless at 180kph... one of the best cars I've driven :D... so great choice Jayhawk :D

w00t! Another Subaru driver!

.....Watch out for NASIOC though...

Good choice, really really nice car! :)

I was, but I weighed the cost of ownership, insurance, blah blah, and I thought this was a good compromise. I forgot to mention Monday I took home a 2006 6 liter, 6 speed GTO with 9000 miles on it. I could have bought that for $23,000 USD (not a typo!) but the seats were very painful for my arthritic back and it just wasnt happy doing everyday commutes.

I know, the resale on these GTOs is about the worst I have ever seen. But then, I usually make a more informed purchase so I havent had to worry. The GTO is fun, just plan on keeping it. Forever. :D

Congrats on the new Subie.

Sweet car in its most desirable colour - great choice :)

And I agree that the STi is a bit much for daily drives...

nice buy, congrats on the new car